FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Anxiety symptom makes me gag

Jill_G
Community Member
Hi its ny first time posting. Ive been suffering anxiety now for over 3 months and it came out of the blue. ...wasnt sure what was happening to me. Been to doctors and dicussed all sorts of treatments. Lots of ups and downs. One sympton lve been having over the last month is gagging every morning abd there is no medical reason for it. ...has anyone else experienced this ...its really imoacted my life terribly
111 Replies 111

Jill_G
Community Member
Thanks Tim l will give it a try. Its 2 weeks today lve been on them and so l think there has been a small improvement but it's early days they tell me have to get to 4 weeks to see a bigger difference if they are going to work

Jill_G
Community Member
Has anyone had side effects from ad...lm starting to get headaches and nausea been on them fo 2 and a half weeks....do these symptoms get better

Jill_G
Community Member
How are you Tim?

smallwolf
Community Champion
Community Champion

Thanks for asking.

Irritable, grumpy. I have taken my AD medication but it is that period after a session with my psychologist and I reflect on things and in this case how far I have or my view have not progressed. I have to think about how big my puzzle is. Probably because I am writing this that it will remain an unknown size and I have to be able to live with that. As much as I hate that. And then I know what I need to do but not sure exactly how to get there - it's about authenticity, vulnerability, shame,etc.

I will get there... Just another wave to ride in this thing called life.

Peace to you,

Tim

Jill_G
Community Member
Hi Tim dont be so hard on yourself but l totally understand your analysis. ...sometimes l think the same l guess it all just takes time.How are you going on your medication. ..lve been a little nauseous and headachy and still feel anxious but maybe not as intense...sometimes l cant tell...lve been on them for nearly 3 weeks. Peace to you as well.

Hi just checking in to see how you are doing.

Tugboat
Community Member

Hi Jill,

i am the same of a morning when I am going through anxiety.... I dry reach in morning as well. I think I am so anxious about the day ahead it makes me Gag....

Jill_G
Community Member
Hi Tugboat thanks for your reply. Sorry to hear you are experiencing this to...this morning dry reaching was quite bad...lm not sure whether the meds are making it worse ...its awful. Hope it settles for us lve had it for a while

Jill_G
Community Member
Do you take anything for it

Jill_G
Community Member
Has anyone experienced weird smelks and taste from anxiety that apparently dont exist. ..l swear l can smell it from my nose....its awful.