FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Anxiety issue

BballJ
Community Member

Hi all,

I took abit of convincing myself to join the forums and write in here but just wanted some advice.

in the past two weeks, I have had anxiety spiralling out of control, I am unable to concentrate at work or at home, I continually think of the worst case scenario in anything, I wake up in the middle of the night having panic attacks (heart racing, in shaking, heavy breathing) I haven't slept more than 4 hours each night and during the day I am in a constant stressed state that by 2 pm I am tired as can be, I hate being alone, if I'm driving I feel the need to call someone just so I can get my mind off my anxiety and contanst worry feelings. I have lost my appetite, eating maybe one meal a day simply because I cannot eat. I have tried natural over the counter medicine to try and alleviate the anxiety and calm me down but they don't work.... Does this sound like GAD and should I see a doctor about medication?

thank you in advance for your replies.

Jay

231 Replies 231

Guest_1584
Community Member

Hi Jay and cm.

Your post was really nice to see Jay , so glad to hear it and looking forward to you dropping back, Hope you've otherwise been getting through ok.

And cm , your a sweetheart and ahh yessaa , pretty damn awesome too. 00

rx

CMF
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Hehe, thx rx.

thinking of you Jay, hope yr well.

cmf x

CMF
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Hi Jay,

have not forgotten about you. Really hope things are going ok for you.

cmf x

CMF
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Really miss you Jay. Thinking of you and hope you are doing well.

cmf x

CMF
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Hi Jay,

just checking in, in case you are reading. Hope you are travelling along 👌.

cmf x

BballJ
Community Member

Hi CMF & Everyone Else.

Wow, I have not been here for quite some time. Firstly I apologise for just disappearing. I have been dealing with so much stuff I almost had to get away from life and try to sort it out. I'm sorry I had to turn away from supporting you and everyone else but I reached a very dark place. One I am afraid I am still stuck in. I logged on just now just to see if I even remembered my password and saw your check in's above. I really appreciate that.

I really hope you are all doing well and you had a good Christmas.

My best,

Jay

CMF
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Oh Jay

You have been on my mind of late. I am so happy to hear from you but sad to hear you are in a dark place. Please don't apologise for 'disappearing ' it is important that you do what you need to do for yourself first and foremost. Can we help and support you Jay?

I haven't been here as much also, very busy,lots going on.

Please reach out if you need Jay. There is always support here as you know.

Take care

Cmf x

Quercus
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hi Jay 😊

Welcome back! We have missed you!

No apologies needed. None. It is good to see you logging in and able to post. I have been worried.

Sorry to hear you are in a dark place. Do you feel able to tell us anything? How can we support you my friend?

Nat

BballJ
Community Member

Hi CMF & Quercus,

Thanks for your replies. It was so nice to see you both still actively using these forums. I was hoping so because I had missed being on here and writing to you and everyone else.

It's been a rough 8 months. From very high happy things to very low things. Christmas was a nightmare as it was my first Christmas alone and I love Christmas and just hit some very dark spots mentally. I actually posted a long status on New years eve sort of coming out to my friends and family about my mental health battles, I recevied a lot of positive feedback and so many people including my sisters reaching out saying they had no idea. The old Smile can hide so much. An old friend reached out right away and she has kept in touch since. What I am struggling with mostly is the fact all my close friends and family saw it and have not followed up one bit. It was my way of reaching out for help in a way and saying I am not ok and I cannot keep doing this myself. Other than the quick "Chin up" you'll be ok remark on the day. Nothing since. I am trying very hard and reading back to my posts from early last year. Feels like nothing has changed at all. My divorce will get finalised at the end of this month so that chapter will be closing.

Just trying to keep my head afloat and work my way out of this because it honestly feel like there isn't much support coming my way other from a few selected people.

This is the battle when you're everyone else's hero. They don't like it when Superman becomes Clark Kent because when you're Superman you're solving their problems. When you're Clark kent you want help solving yours and that is just too hard for some people.

Thank you again for giving me time to talk. I have missed you both.

My best,

Jay

Quercus
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hi Jay,

Stuff being superman. When we do that people suck us dry. Healthy relationships just like these forums are give and take. There is absolutely nothing wrong with expecting the same care in return that you offer to others.

It is disappointing to hear you have had such an underwhelming response offline. Sometimes I think as much as it hurts it also shows you who you can rely on. And who you are investing too much in.

When you say status do you mean on FB? Is social media helping you or increasing your anxiety? Yes it connects you with lots of people... But how many of these contacts do you see often? How many have reached out to you? No need to answer just wondering if asking for help on social media is worth it.

I'm glad you are writing here again. It is ok to need support and no matter what is happening offline you know this BB family is here for you. Also the CC team (and that includes you my friend no matter how much time away you need 😊) is missing you. Regardless of whether you are posting to others or not please join in for a chat if you feel able to. Even if it feels like offline everyone wants Superman... Here we are pro Clark Kent! No superhero martyr crap here. Allow yourself to accept TLC Jay. You are worth caring for.

❤ Nat

PS yeah still here... I'm part of the furniture.