FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Socs

Socs
Community Member
Hi, I was diagnosed with PTSD about 2years ago. It all started after they found my older brothers remains in July 2018, he was a missing person since June 2001. After 17years they found him and I didn't deal with the bad news very well. The first 2years was the most difficult and I was getting help from a psychologist. They found the person who was responsible and at least we have closure. Early 2021 I was crying out for help from the inside. I was admitted to a Mental Health Facility for 2 weeks. I'm on medication for my PTSD and I am coping with the support services. It's not perfect but I accept we all have good and bad days. Thanks to whoever is reading my story I appreciate it very much because I'm a loner.
2 Replies 2

jaz28
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi Socs,

Welcome! I am sorry you have experienced so much. Living with PTSD is a constant battle, I am glad you sought help and are coping. Please let us know if there is anything we can say to help you as well.

I enjoyed reading your story, thank you for sharing and I hope you are feeling okay today. Don't hesitate to reach out if you need to talk.

Jaz xx

Socs
Community Member

Hi Jazz,

Thank you for your reply, I find talking about things is better for me than bottling it up.

It's not everyday but occasionally when I think about my brother it brings these memories back. It's just nice to talk with somebody because the few friends that I have don't want to hear the same thing from me over and over again.

An Uncle of mine once said to me that you can forgive but you can never forget, which is so true.

Thank you again for your time, I appreciate it.

Socs