FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Need advice:(

Purple_Monkey_Dishwasher
Community Member

Hello everyone,

i am new on here and I don't know where to start. My husband and I have been married for 7 years and together for 10. I am a aged care nurse and my husband runs his own business. Last year was a very tough year for us. My husband developed depression. I watched his personality change and have sat back and tried to help him as much as I can (been a nurse it's in my nature I guess). 

That was 8 months ago, and nothing has changed. I just want to help him as much as I can, but it feels like he is pushing me away. He hardly talks to me anymore and when he does he doesn't make eye contact with me. His moods are horrible so I don't know where I stand anymore. I just look at him and think what has happened? 

50 Replies 50

i feel your pain... i am going through a similar situation, except my husband has taken full responsibility for his actions and is doing everything to make it right... not that it eases the pain any... I have researched lots of internet sites for unbiased advice (i too have found those that know often have an opinion of what you should do) it is difficult to know what to do but you both have to be 100% willing for there to be a chance. If you aren't ready for counselling...(i don't think i am yet) then there is lots of self-help advice out there. stay strong 🙂