FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

It's all getting too much.

rusti_4
Community Member

I honestly just don't know any one. I think I'm just destined to be miserable.

I wrote my car off on New Year's Eve, my grandmother passed away last week and my parents just had to put one of our dogs to sleep... I'm struggling financially and just want to run away from everything. I can't even afford to see my doctor to get a new prescription for my ADHD.

3 Replies 3

Sophie_M

Hey rusti_4, 

It sounds like an incredibly difficult time. We can hear you’re going through a lot and have been feeling low. We’re really glad you could share here, and it’s a really brave step to have taken.  We’re reaching out to you privately. In the meantime, we’d really encourage you to give us a call on the Beyond Blue Support Service. We are available 24/7 by phone on 1300 22 4636 and our counsellors are really good at talking people through moments like this and working out options for more support.   

Another option would be ringing Lifeline (13 11 14) or the Suicide Call Back Service (1300 659 467), which can sit with you in these feelings and help you to plan for your safety. The Beyond Blue safety planning app might be worth looking at, too. You can read about how it works and where to download it here. You can even call Lifeline (13 11 14) and compete it with one of their counsellors over the phone if you'd like.  We’re sure we’ll hear from some of our lovely community members here on your thread soon. They’re a really amazing community, and will have understanding, advice and kind words for you.   

Kind regards, 

Sophie M 

geoff
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hello rusti_4, I am so terribly sorry for the loss of your grandmother, your parents dog who you must have been very attached to, as well as your vehicle and because you are feeling miserable, you need to talk these through with a counsellor, otherwise these tradgies are going to continue to keep devastating you and there is a difference between having this continue, to having spoken about them with a psych, then you can slowly adjust yourself in a convenient way.

Sure wrighting off your car is terrible and does shock you, but insurance will cover the costs of purchasing another one.

Ring your utilities and discuss your options in paying the debt off, they will allow you to do this.

There are doctors in another practice that do bulk bill and if you still have the prescription box take it with you and ask for another script.

Geoff.

Life Member.

geoff
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hello rusti_4, I did reply but it hasn't appeared as yet.

Geoff.

Life Member.