FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

I've lost everything

bigfatpj
Community Member
Hi my name is Paul and I'm 38 and 3 months ago the love of my life, my beautiful wife passed away from natural but undetermined causes my nice car broke down 8 months ago and the car I was borrowing lost its clutch so now I walk. My late wife's family excluded me from the viewing and cremation I feel like I've got no hope for the future and I'm struggling to keep going any more I'm not coping well barely eating or showering. I'm just miserable all the time I can fake it around people but it's exhaustive and I don't know what to do next. Anyone got some advice?
1 Reply 1

Bob_22
Community Member

Hi Paul,

Welcome back to the forums and thank you for updating us on how you're going. I'm so sorry to hear that your wife passed away recently and that you've been struggling with feelings of isolation.  

Please, if you need any immediate support or need to have a chat with a counsellor, contact any one of the following services any time. Each service also offers web chat functions and are 24/7.  

Additionally, the people over at Griefline offer 24/7 phone support, as well as online resources/support groups, for anyone experiencing grief like yourself.

As is commonly noted, grief is one of the most difficult things one will face in life. I sometimes say the pain of loss never  truly goes away but evolves into a healthy sorrow that one learns to live with. Fortunately you don't have to learn to do this on your own and by working with a psychologist you can gain enormous benefit. By working with a mental health professional personally, I have learned to come to terms with the loss and especially regret that comes with losing loved ones. Do you have a psychologist or mental health professional you could see at this time?

Please update us on how you're going and whether you find any of the above resources useful. I hope you can find the strength to continue seeking support and learn to live fully again. 💙