FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

I'm starting a new discussion

Doolhof
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

I'm starting a new discussion because I am feeling totally lost with this new set up.

I can' locate any of the old threads I used to feel comfort in reading and occasionally contributing to.

I don't feel at all welcome in this new set up, far from it, I feel more disconnected than ever while at the same time people can see everything I have ever written, but I am having trouble contacting others!

To anyone else who feels a little confused and unwelcome, I totally understand!

I am disorientated and hope to feel more orientated somehow!

I receive notifications, but when I click on them, I can't even find the notification.

The Newest to Oldest option doesn't seem to work.

I have commented on a couple pf other posts about my struggles with the new set up...but can't find those posts anywhere!

It seems to me that if I start up this new discussion, then I should be able to find it under my own profile?

Maybe I will just chat with myslef here for a while until I either figure this new system out of give up!

75 Replies 75

CMF
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

I think I've worked it out. I had hit 'follow post' on some of them thinking I was following the thread. I believe I've resolved the issue.

Doolhof
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hi Geoff,

My mind struggles with computers and too much information. My husband frequently helps me with on line training, filling in forms and trying to understand systems.

I am sure there are many people who are very happy with the way the forum works now, some people are better able to understand, accept and comprehend this type of system.

The set up is quite different and having various options for gaining access to sections of the forum just confuses me. I don't even understand it enough to explain what is difficult for me. 

I'm hoping you can manage to a degree Geoff, I am plodding along and doing the best I can with my non technical mind!

Regards to you from Dools

Doolhof
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hi CMF and All,

I have just realised I responded to a post Geoff made in 2022! I need to check the dates on things here. Some threads seem to run in normal order, some have old posts and then you have to search for the new posts!

Hope you get things sorted CMF!  Regards to you and all from Dools.

Hello Doolhof,

I think that you might have responded to me on my first day or perhaps I responded to you.

Yes I am still in total confusion stage.

A reflection of random days in real life at times really.

I stumbled across this post, thread or whatever it is called accidentally of course.

I was actually starting to feel desperate and close to throwing my arms up in the air exclaiming why am I bothering.

Yes I found 2021 or 2022 cannot remember.

For me it was just what I needed as I was reassured that I am not the only one.

Not only is it hard for someone new to understand; also for existing members whenever the change occurred.

Music to my ears.

I appreciate also the reference to using the feedback section.

My thoughts on that though; as occurs in real life are:

referring issues; that yes I too cannot distinctly  describe; to a technically minded person neither helps myself or the person I am trying to articulate myself to.

Doom

Talking to another who experiences something similar is far more reassuring and encouraging for me.

I was ready to leave.

So thank you so much for being brave and writing that first post, message, whatever on whatever date.

Thank goodness it is still here.

I understood so clearly what you were saying and how you felt.

My thoughts are that we do have mental health issues; symptoms that create cloudy minds and further confusion when presented with something that for us just does not work.

My first interpretation of landing on these forums was "where is everyone?"

I have found different headings that are very clear to understand.

I cannot possibly remember names of threads.

How do I look at past threads?

Dools I like your name too.

I would be emos then

Hope that this has not upset you.

Thank you

Also thank you again mmekitty sorry cannot remember your name.

That is something else trying to remember names.

I will just be quiet now I think.

Bye

Emotions26

Thanks for your honest post and sharing your reality with everyone.

I sometimes write down titles of threads so can follow them.

You can follow the thread buy pressing follow post on first post of thread. 

Hello Autistic_aria

The technology gets over my head very quickly. I would very much like to encourage you to email modsupport@beyondblue.org.au about any correspondence from Beyond Blue which you have any concerns about. I also wonder if your member settings here are set to receive email notifications? The settings can also be confusing.

Although I have set my settings to not receive notifications via my email address, I still will click the 'Additional options' below the text box & uncheck the little box that says , "email me when someone replies", prior to clicking 'Reply'.

Whether you continue to talk here on BB forums, or go somewhere else, I wish you well.

Hugzies

mmMekitty