FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

I'm starting a new discussion

Doolhof
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

I'm starting a new discussion because I am feeling totally lost with this new set up.

I can' locate any of the old threads I used to feel comfort in reading and occasionally contributing to.

I don't feel at all welcome in this new set up, far from it, I feel more disconnected than ever while at the same time people can see everything I have ever written, but I am having trouble contacting others!

To anyone else who feels a little confused and unwelcome, I totally understand!

I am disorientated and hope to feel more orientated somehow!

I receive notifications, but when I click on them, I can't even find the notification.

The Newest to Oldest option doesn't seem to work.

I have commented on a couple pf other posts about my struggles with the new set up...but can't find those posts anywhere!

It seems to me that if I start up this new discussion, then I should be able to find it under my own profile?

Maybe I will just chat with myslef here for a while until I either figure this new system out of give up!

75 Replies 75

mmMekitty
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

One thing that nay be confusing you is that when I have clicked the little blue heart to support the posts of others, as I have done here, supporting Sophie_M, Quirky, austic_Aria, & even your posts, you will be notified of each one, with "mmMekitty supported I'm starting a new discussion"  or it may say Re: I'm starting a new discussion.

It can seem like a lot of redundancy, when you hav several notifications about the same Discussion. Try to remember each is one post, by different people supporting it. Just as you are only able to support this post of mine once. Other people might come by & support my too, & then you will have notifications about each person who supported my post.

Did that make sense, or have I made it seem even more confusing?

I very much hope you are feeling better soon.

Big COVID safe hugzies, (yep, virtual hugzies are COVID safe - ha, safe from everything!)

mmMekitty

Hi nnMekitty,

Thanks so much. I do understand what you have explained. My mind struggles with instructions and technology. I was doing a Tafe course on line and had to ask my husband to help me so often with just loading the material I needed!

At work I have had to ask other staff to help me with stuff on the computer as well.

I will plod along here and see what happens.

It confuses me that there are different options for receiving information that people have responded or connected via the supports notifications and profile. Too many options for my mind perhaps.

Either way, lots of people manage very well with the forum. I'll just use it to my own capacity!

Cheerio to you from Dools  

CMF
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

I hear you. I'm pretty much posting to myself as those that used to post on my thread seen to have left the forums. 

Oh well 🙄

mmMekitty
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi CNF

I know I haven't really gotten to know you - I think I have seen where you have a Discussion. I'm not sure at this minute where it is, but I will try to find it later. I have some time constraints today, tomorrow & Friday, so please forgive me if I can't get to it quickly.

If you like, you can come over to my Discussion, which I will use if people talk to me there. Sometimes, like you, it seems I am talking to myself.

I try to find some of Discussions I've been on before, & see what people are talking about & try to have something to contribute. It's not always easy. I worry that I've forgotten too much & will say something wrong.

But, yeah, I miss some people very much.

I think, for those who have been around the forums a long time, you build up a group of other members,who, mostly, where around when you first joined. I feel that way, even though I haven't been around all that longg. As people come & go, the group we feel most comfortable with becomes fewer unless we make an effort to form more relationships with other members, likely, newer members.

I find that very hard to do. Either that or my own presence here will continue to dwindle away.

Hugzies to you & Dools!

How you going, Dools?

mmMekitty

Moonstruck
Community Member

CMF...I am sort of here. Hard to login on my phone. Things not same since they changed format. Enjoy life this time around if you can. It sucks most of the time but it's ours and things can turn around when you least expect..

mmMekitty
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Just stopping by to say 'Hi Dools'. Not sure where else to find you. 

I had a tip from Paws about the list in my profile page, about how to reset the number to the left of each Discussion on the list, which changes when someone else responds to that Discussion. I have found it works too. So, for anyone reading, if you want to reset that number back to '0' to help you keep track of when someone posts, go to the Discussion you want to number reset & find 'Options' likely at the top of the page, on the right, & click that. Select 'mark as read'. That will reset the number. When you next open your profile, the item on the list will show '0' & I'm expecting will be not so difficult to know when someone has posted there.

It won't tell you how or when... so you still have to go to the Discussion & find that out there.

(I'm sorry, my instructions won't be exactly what to do on mobile phones, or these new-fangled touch screens)

Hugzies

mmMekitty

Thanks mmMekitty,

I tried that and still couldn't make any sense of what I was trying to do. I will keep fumbling around in the dark and be thankful when I make a connection somewhere somehow on this forum!

CMF
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Hi,

I have some threads I'm following but they come up several times when I go to settings & my discussions. Some have a particular reply come up so the thread title is there 3 or 4 times. I just want them there once. Also can't get my own thread to display newest to oldest even though I keep changing it.

Cmf

Doolhof
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hi CMF,

Would like to be able to help you, I have no idea sorry. I'm still finding this set up a bit hit and miss. I don't do technology well and this just messes with my head trying to work out what is happening here.

CMF
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Hi Dools,

That's OK, thanks for replying 😊

Cmf x