FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Why I am always lonely and useless

Guest_0845
Community Member
I find myself sitting at home every Friday and Saturday night hating life, being lonely, feeling useless, feeling like a waste of space, I have always had a lot of trouble making friends, I've Not ever really had any really. I've always been the ugly duckling, people don't want anything to do with me, nobody will talk to me, I try to meet new people and it just doesn't get me anywhere and makes me feel worse, it makes me feel like I'm a waste of space, my family don't understand, therapy doesn't fix my issues, I'm guessing nothing will???
2 Replies 2

Sophie_M
Hi Guest_0845,

Thank you for sharing this here. We're so sorry to hear you're feeling this way. Please know that this community is here for you. We’re so grateful to have you reach out to our community this morning and are so sorry to hear everything you have going on at the moment. Times like this can get overwhelming. We hope that you find our forums to be a safe and supportive space to talk through your thoughts and feelings. Our community is here for you. 

We hope you know that there is always help available to you, whether it's from our professional mental health counsellors Beyond Blue (available 24/7/365 on 1300 22 4636) or our friends at Lifeline (13 11 14) or the Suicide Call Back Service (1300 659 467).

tranzcrybe
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
You realise that others will view you through a filter of superficial features and mannerisms - it is natural (and sad), but it's the first thing we observe when making acquaintances. Have you noticed how some people you meet look a certain way at first, but then seem to lose some characteristics the more you get to know them. The veneer becomes translucent revealing the person within as they blend into their own familiarity regardless of appearance (on all levels).
Even theoretically beautiful people can often appear hideous once you experience their behaviour, and vice versa.
But something is preventing you from arriving at that next stage and it might not be 'other people' who are making that determination...