FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

when will it get better

alexis123
Community Member
I’ve left the house probably 3-4 times in the whole year as i have been struggling to leave the house/ go to social gatherings, as i get severely anxious and freak out and go home. I don’t wanna be like this anymore, i’ve lost everything, my friends, my family and i know it’s my fault because i dont go out, but i always feel sad seeing everyone out enjoying their life, i’ve wasted a year and a half beint stuck inside and miserable, i know covid had a lot of us stuck inside but i’ve been this way since before covid. I’ve turned to binge eating and am extremely overweight and unmotivated to do anything, please any tips on how to survive life
3 Replies 3

Danando
Community Member
Hi Alexis, I also don't like other people or social gatherings, What you subscribe is what I enjoy, I like to be alone because of what people think of me or try to make me be, with your overweight, i am also overweight, I went to the gym and enjoyed it 5 days a week, there are all kinds of people there trying to achieve a bit of fitness, you feel good after it, I ended up with a mental illness and the 7kg i dropped i put on 10kg, I wish i kept at it. Im here for my mental illness seeking comfort from other peoples worries to make me fell better by helping others. I've seen very large people in my life that have broken chairs when they sat in them, very nice bloke but the body can only handle so much. Get a walking plan, 5 days a week, do it at night if its a safe place,

geoff
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hello Alexis, I'm really sorry to hear what you've told us, but slowly there are ways to help you along with what Danando has said.

Have you heard about desensitisation therapy which you can google, do by yourself or when you're able to leave the house and then be helped by a psychologist, but you can try it first at home.

You can also use this method to lose some weight if that's what you want, so we'd love to have your thoughts about this.

Geoff.

Daniel_LK91
Community Member

Hi. I used to be afraid to leave my home too and thought that it would never get better. I lost my job and all of my friends and felt so confused and alone. I am now social and play basketball with mates once a week. I have a close friend who I confide in so I am managing to meet people and maintain close relationships again. I run my own business and work from home and earn very good money.

Do not give up hope because you can get yourself out of it as I have.

What has helped me tremendously was exercise

Daniel