FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

New here

Jacko13
Community Member

Hi

1st post. Just found this while googling for answers.

Im in my early 30's and diagnosed with serve anxeity and depression. Im married, with kids and quite successful.

i currently get professional help from my gp and psychologist.

lately i just feel empty and withdrawn. I feel so alone and feel like im going crazy. I dont feel i can talk to my family...when i say talk i mean the heavy stuff that is really on my mind.

i wouldnt say im suicidal but some days i dont want to be here. Its quite hard to explain. I want to be here and wouldnt hurt myself, i just dont want to feel empty anymore. I guess if i could run away i probably would. I find it quite difficult to talk to people about how i really feel and what i am really going through.

i guess i figured maybe i would find people who possibly feel the same so i dont quite feel alone anymore.

im starting to struggle and with being a mum wife and working full time the pressure is on not to breakdown or fall apart. Its hard really hard.

I have been trying to work on myself for years now and i guess right now i feel like i have fallen right back to rock bottom with no way up. I am trying to recover the best i can but its hard when you feel alone.

i can see the toll it takes on my family and that breaks my heart.

i am looking forward to being apart of the online forum. I may not post alot but i feel maybe just reaching out and hearing other peoples posts i might not feel so alone in my battle.

Thank you

Jacko

1 Reply 1

jess334
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hi Jacko,

Welcome to the forums.

There are definitely a lot of people on here who feel the same.

I suffer from anxiety and depression too. I'm also in my early 30's, a mum, and a professional!

I completely understand the not quite suicidal thoughts. I don't want to hurt myself, and I would never leave my family, but some days I just don't want to live like this anymore.

I also worry about how my mental health affects my family. Especially my son. But I also know that if he ever suffers from this, I will be able to understand and help him.

It's great that you are getting help. It can be really hard to ask for, but it's also pretty impossible for us to get better on our own.

I hope you get some support on the forums. You are not alone here.

Jess