FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Holistic healing pathway

Elephant86
Community Member

With our health we have to make decisions about the things we do everyday that hurts or heals us  for example for a snack do I eat a fried chicken burger or do I have a stteak sandwich with salad I hope you chose the steak sandwich not the burger. Life is about making positive powerful decisions for your health. I will use me as an example. I choose not to smoke and drink not because I want to but because it is a good positive decision for my health. If we make positive decisions in life we will live a long happy one. 

I think focusing on things that help and heal your body is important. I think finding the exercis e that fits into your life is important for me it is cycling 40 min. The other thing is finding a healthy diet with fresh fruit and vegies and I found have lean meats better for me. Also learning to prepare healthy meals at home and only eating out once in a while. I treat myself to a burger once a month to reward myself for good behaviour otherwise stick to my diet.

Eating more fish is more benificial because of omega 3-6

It also helps body repair

I found that the healthiest diet to be on is the meditarianian diet because it has more fish and fresh vegies and definitly more rich olive oil that is good for you

The less processed foods you eat like chips and soft drinks and Im sorry to make you sad choclate you eat the better your health will be

Since I was diagnosed with my diabetes type 2 I had to change my relationship with food and realise there are foods that enhance your life and others that don't. In there process I gave up all processed food . Have a diet with close to no suger and instead have a friut instead of choclate have fish for dinner instead of a burger.

Start cooking at home eat out as a treat. 

Most importantly have an exercise regime and exercise everyday if possible because if you make the right choicers now you will not have to suffer consquences for bad decisions in the future. I watch my favourite show masterchef and I learn how to prepare healthy meals. I change my relationship with food and exercise and I challange myself to work hard and be a better family man.

Life is a journey of choices and we need to make the right decisions to reach the true benifit.

I found having my diabetes a true challenge but if you make the right lifestyle decisions now you can build a better future.

Meditation is the other thing I do everyday to help me come to peace with the universe to look after myself

I wish everyone on the forum a wonderful day! 

1 Reply 1

james1
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi Elephant86,

Thanks for your post and your tips!

It's so true that our diet and exercise have a really strong impact to our mental health. Unfortunately it seems those are often also the first things to fall by the wayside when we are under significant stress. It sounds like you have been able to find a way to get back to a healthier and holistic lifestyle, which is absolutely fantastic.

What works best for me is having regular exercise, both strenuous and relaxing. Both are really important for me and doing them regularly has really helped me stay both physically and mentally healthy.

I hope you are having a nice day also!

James