FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

*You Gotta Friend in Us*

Aaronsis
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hi

I wanted to start this thread so that there was a place that people could introduce themselves and have a chat and make some friends when it seems that is a really hard thing to do in the "real world", that out there in life it is so very hard for people to make friends and maintain friendships and feel like they matter and are of value in a friendship.

So welcome and I can't wait for you all to chat and share with each other and know that you have friends here.

So to start the conversation if you feel it weird to write a post on here....grab a coffee or whatever your chat drink of choice is..maybe an Oat Milk Chai...yum ...and let's get started making new friends....

"What is something that no one would know by looking at you?"

Mine is that I speak Thai.....

Hugs and love as always

Sarah xxxx

51 Replies 51

Hey Stressed Guy and welcome it is great to have you here

Being able to write stories is so wonderful and the ability to engage with someone's mind and have them create and enjoy the story is such a gift, that is so awesome that you can do that.

Thank you so much for sharing that with us and if ever you want to share a snippet of what you have written or a poem that would be so great, I would enjoy reading that.

I wish you every bit of success in being able to get some of your work published, that would be such a credit to you.

Hope you have a great day and thank you for joining us here.

Hugs

Sarah

Matchy69
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Hi Sarah i hope you are ok i have been thinking of you.

Your friend,

Mark.

Guest_4643
Community Member

Hi everyone, I only just saw this thread looking on the BB Social Zone so apologies for replying randomly and so late, I hope no one minds.

To answer the questions:

What is something that no one would know by looking at you?:

That I listen to rock and metal music I guess?

What was one of the best days of your life so far?

Seeing my idol, Rob Thomas (solo singer and singer of Matchbox Twenty and Tabitha's Secret, band before Matchbox Twenty) in concert for the first time. Tried many times to go but finally had the chance. I wanted to meet him but it was so pricey.

Hopefully others can reply here and we can all chat to some new people, thanks for the thread Sarah.

Tayla

Hey Tayla

It is great to have you on the thread so welcome. Rock and Metal music wow, I love that type of music too although the hardest I get is probably Def Leppard...lol..what sorts of bands are your favorites?

It is truly life changing when you get to meet an idol, whether that be a music idol or an author or a person who just has shaped and influenced your life, it really talks to your soul to be able to meet the very person who you really resonate with and who you respect so much.

Thank you for sharing your story Tayla and feel free to put a question here for others to add to also.

Hope everyone is doing well and enjoying the long weekend

Hugs

Sarah

Hi Sarah, and others here. My apologies for just replying now, I haven't been on the forums much so I'll have to catch up on my threads again.

Yeah it sounds like a great feeling, would be a dream come true for me.

Well I love lots of rock and metal bands. Here's some, I probably missed a couple, sorry if so. In no order really;

Matchbox Twenty (hence my username).

Rob Thomas (singer of MB20 & a solo singer).

Tabitha's Secret (band before MB20).

The Cure.

Seether.

Staind.

Saron Gas (band before Seether).

Birds Of Tokyo.

Karnivool (both Aussie bands, same singer as Birds Of Tokyo but a bit heavier).

Lifehouse.

3 Doors Down.

Fuel.

Bush.

Korn (their older stuff mostly).

Elton John.

Alice In Chains (with the original singer, Layne Staley.

Mad Season (Layne Staley's other band).

Pearl Jam.

Metallica.

Nirvana.

Pantera.

Down (Pantera's singers other band, well one of many).

The Offspring.

Slipknot.

Stone Sour (singer of Slipknot's other band).

Black Sabbath.

Ozzy Osbourne.

& many more I've probably forgotten, I usually do.

Take care, sorry for just replying now.

Tayla

Hey Tayla

WOW, that is sure a great mix of music and some of the bands you have listed I haven't heard of but some of them would come up in my favorites list too, you sure have a great and wide selection here. I think that is a real appreciation for music when you have so many different genres that you enjoy as you have here.

Have a listen to Portishead, they are a band from my time but I think you will be able to find them, that is one of my faves and I think you might enjoy them too...let me know what you think.

Have a great day Tayla and chat soon

Sarah xxx

Hey Sarah.

I'll look them up, thanks.

Tayla

Thanks for the nice comment you wrote. I really appreciate it. I should've replied to your post sooner I'm sorry about that.

In regards to publishing my stories it's going to be difficult. Not an easy career to get into lol. I guess it's trying to find an avenue to get my foot in the door.

I'm not sure about posting a story or poem on here. I'm anxious of what others might think about my work. Maybe in the future.

Hey Stressed Guy

There is no need for any apology at all, you can come to chat whenever you feel you like to.

That is the great thing about this forum is that every one is so very supportive and if you wanted to share some of your writing I would really like to read it, only if you want to though. Writing is so very personal and it is hard to share some of those points of our lives as we do feel like we are opening up ourselves for judgement. It is tricky, but here you could try, if you wanted to.

I actually did a painting yesterday, well three to be honest, I have never done any form of painting in my life so was kind of unsure as to where to start or what to do, but I just looked up a picture I liked and went with it. It is not great but I feel proud I tried something new.

Great to chat to you some more.

Sarah

Hey Sarah,

Thanks for wanting to read my stories. What I said about people criticizing my stories has more to do with my brothers. They like to point out everything wrong with my stories and don't tell me anything they liked.

I'm working on a website atm where I post some of my stories and poems. Is it okay if I post a link to that in a few weeks?

Also, you should be proud of yourself for painting and trying something new. You should definitely keep it up in the future, especially if it made you happy.

My name's John btw, I don't like hiding behind my weird alias stressed guy anymore.