FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

*You Gotta Friend in Us*

Aaronsis
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hi

I wanted to start this thread so that there was a place that people could introduce themselves and have a chat and make some friends when it seems that is a really hard thing to do in the "real world", that out there in life it is so very hard for people to make friends and maintain friendships and feel like they matter and are of value in a friendship.

So welcome and I can't wait for you all to chat and share with each other and know that you have friends here.

So to start the conversation if you feel it weird to write a post on here....grab a coffee or whatever your chat drink of choice is..maybe an Oat Milk Chai...yum ...and let's get started making new friends....

"What is something that no one would know by looking at you?"

Mine is that I speak Thai.....

Hugs and love as always

Sarah xxxx

51 Replies 51

Welcome plants_and _lyrics

I guess that is something that humans we do and that is exactly what calmseeker was talking about in the below post. That what our outside looks like, be it a mask of happiness we hide behind or a rough and tough exterior, and what our insides look like can be two totally different people almost.

I want to say to you though plants_and_lyrics that I have read some of the support you have provided to others on the forum and these acts of kindness and caring are not the acts of someone who is not able to care for others. So welcome and I am looking forward to getting some of the things that make up the person who is you..and who is all of us who are here, to make a friend and to have a chat.

Something else that I will share that no one would know by looking at me is that I am a Fitter and Turner by trade...not many women take on a "male" dominated trade so yeah....there is something else about me.

Welcome to the party plants_and_lyrics..grab a cuppa!

Hugs

Sarah x

Don't apologise sweet Sarah, taking compliments is my issue that I need to work on.

That's an cool story of how you came to speak Thai and yes, it would be super handy when you go on holiday. xo

Unicorndogge
Community Member

hi sarah

when people first look at me they think i am either 15 or 16, when really i am almost 20 haha

funny story right, one time i went into the movies and the lady that owned the store had MA+15 signs all over, i honestly thought she had a knock to the head. anyway i got there to order the movie i was going to see which was ma+15 and i was with my brother. the lady was like you know you have to be 15 to watch this movie and because my brother was only 14 at the time i had to show that i was at least 18 to get in with him. i showed them my ID and nope she didn't believe me, i honestly thought she was of her head for not letting me in and the whole way out she was death staring me. this happened last year.

Also it happened at the pub at Christmas time, i was trying to make friends with the bartender (which was my age) but he literally thought i was 14. how annoying, now i am actually considering wearing makeup when i go out.

i cant think of anything else but i think there is a lot more that people don't guess by looking at me. but as i say seeing is not believing sometimes i think life would be better if people didn't have eyes, they wouldn't judge so fast.

hayley

Hi Unicorndogge,

My daughter has the same issue. She is 25, nearly 26 and most people think she is 16. It annoys her so much so I tell her that one day she will take this as a compliment. I would seriously love somebody to think I am 9 years younger than I am.

That's annoying that the movie store owner wouldn't accept your ID. I think it actually might even be illegal for her to do that?

Have an awesome day Unicorndogge xo

Hi,

I to would take it as a compliment. i was asked for ID till the age of 25. now they ask if i'm on the pension and i'm no were near it lol. time catches up before you know it.

have a great day everyone.

William

Aaronsis
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Good Morning Everyone

Back after a few days of seeing Canberra..wow..We went to the Ru Paul Werq the World show and it was a fantastic night. So many different people there, so many people in drag and embracing their sexuality and gender, so many young people having the best time ever really being who they want to be.

I also visited the War Memorial which was really cool too, so many awesome things to see in Canberra.

That is really probably very frustrating Hayley with regards to the ID, but yes, as you become and old person, at 45 I can tell you I would love to be asked for ID now...lol..but yes, I do understand that when you are trying to move forward and to grow these things are very annoying.

I am so happy that you are learning to take compliments Calmseeker, it is something you do have to learn how to do I think. I had to also..just start by saying "thank you" even if it rocks you to your core with discomfort, it soon does start to become easier and you can actually learn to be comfortable with people appreciating you.

Welcome William and great to come and meet some new friends here, I see this was a really big step for you so well done and welcome to our crew here....

So I feel like my weekend was full of new experiences and great friends..so my question is..

"What was one of the best days of your life so far?"

Chat some more soon and Happy Saturday, hope something wonderful happens to put a smile on your faces.

Hugs and more hugs

Sarah

Matchy69
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Its great to have you back Sarah,missed you.

The best day of my life was watching my daughter being born i never forget that day,I had never been so happy.I wish i had cigars to hand out to everyone.I actually understand that now why fathers hand out cigars when a their baby is born.

Big hugs,

Your friend,

Mark.

Hey Mark and thank you for the welcome back xx

I totally agree in that the birth of your kids is indescribable..so emotional and you really fill a love like nothing else...

One of the best days of my life was when my aunt emailed to say she was sending me a ticket to go see her in San Francisco....and then those two weeks were amazing.....I felt so very lucky and so very spoiled and really loved.

Another time that reminds me of how grateful I am to be here is when I was able to stand on my own two feet after a separation and divorce and know I was going to be ok and I could support myself.

S xxxx

Matchy69
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Hi Sarah i understand about how good it must have felt when you could stand on your own two feet after a divorce.That is such a difficult time in your life and stressful,i remember it well and all the sleepless nights,the anxiety.

That was so great of your aunty to give you a ticket to visit her in San Francisco.What an amazing experience for you.

Take care,

Mark.

Stressed Guy
Community Member
One thing that people don't know about me is I love to write and have been writing short stories since I was a kid. I also write poems about various topics and one day I want to be a screenwriter as well as a published author.