FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Please help me, I am 12 years old

Cccc_926
Community Member
Blended family, mum wants to leave our family and never come back again. Step dad doesn’t cook or care about the two children. Currently studying at a private school with 38000 fee each year, I always get A grades but mum is very sensitive and sentimental, some tiny things can cause her anxiety. We are going back to New Zealand in term holiday and she wants to send me back there with my biological father who abandoned me when I was 5. Please I need help, I don’t know. Thanks for reading it to here
4 Replies 4

Matchy69
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Hi that is great you posted in here and this is great place to seek advice and vent.Your a very young age and it must be really hard for you and you must feel unwanted by the people who are suppose to care for you.You really need stability in your life and sounds like you don't have that.Have you got someone in the family you can talk to about it who will listen and understand.It really makes it hard when you haven't.

I hope you can get some great advice on here.

Take care,

Mark.

Eagle Ray
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi Cccc_926,

It’s great you have reached out for assistance. You are so young and that’s a lot do deal with. One place where you can get advice from counsellors especially trained to help kids is Kids Helpline. Their number is: 1800 55 1800. They are available 24/7. Their website is kidshelpline.com.au  They also have webchat via their website or can be emailed at counsellor@kidshelpline.com.au

Talking to a trained counsellor could be a good way of sorting through your feelings about the situation you’re in and working out ways to handle things. Take care and feel free to post here whenever you need to as well. You are brave and showing maturity in managing your circumstances and trying to figure out what to do.

I hope Cccc-926 that you know how much, many people on the forums here are reading your words and know that you are so very brave.

You deserve help from people who have training in this area.

Please know that you  are not judged and we want you to feel no guilt.

You will always be welcome here as others have said.

Take care

Hopefull7
Community Member

Hi, I think you could talk to your GP doctor about your family, on your own if you are comfortable doing that.  The doctor may be able to suggest that your Mum see a psychologist for her anxiety.  My Mum had depression and anxiety after my younger sister was born, so I understand what it's like.