FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

PETS - gotta love them! Share funny, loving stories about pets and animals.

Ggrand
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hello,

I thought I would start this thread, about our pets.

I have read in the forums a lot of us has a pet or pets of some kind.

Be it a dog, cat, bird, rabbit, guinie pig, tortoise, snake, lizard etc: they bring joy to our lives, they are there for us giving us unconditional love.

I thought a it would be nice if we could share our pets antics, or if you've seen other animals, doing things that have made you laugh.

They can be funny, loving, outrageous, anything that your pet does or does not do that puts a smile on your face and might put a smile on someone's face that is struggling.

Please keep the stories light hearted and happy,

We all love our pets, let's let others enjoy them as well..

I will go first to get it up and running.

I have two little dogs, Maltese x Yorkshire x Aussie Terriers, I have Mum (4 years old) and Daughter (2years old).

My dogs have the run of the house, my back screen door after many attempts and lots of failures I put a doggie dog into it. I love theses two they are my fur family.

My story is about another dog I had many years ago, I called him boof he was a Belgium Shepard, I was sitting at my kitchen table one day just looking out my back door (creedance). Boof was just relaxing in the shade with my young son. It was a hot day and I thought I might take my young son into the pool. I was about to go outside when all of a sudden a cat ran across our yard, well Boof just took off after the cat yep my young son took off after Boof, then Boof it looked like his brakes stopped working, he was chasing the cat then I saw him slide (son still chasing him). he couldnt stop, he slid into the swimming pool with such force he bent the tin frame nearly flat to the inside of the pool, well a waterfall began, Boof was on the other side of the pool he crashed straight through it, my son ended up slipping on the water skidded to the other end of the pool, crashing and landing on Boofy scream of laughter was coming from my son, absolutely soaked to the skin covered in mud, Boof was trying to get up, slipping all over the place from the mud as well I think he was seeing stars from his hard hit, he couldn't get up. I couldn't stop laughing at the pair of them. They looked so funny covered in mud, the pool was later repaired. Son and dog was hosed off so it all ended well

Do you have a pet story to tell?

Kind thoughts

Grandy.

205 Replies 205

mmMekitty
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

😺I'm so glad you've had a good chuckle, EM.

I got a laugh to think of your photo, & how (if I were you) I'd copy it & make it your profile picture. That would be so gorgeous.

Now I think of it, how about, Bronion (pronounced Bron'ee-on)? Sounds good to me. 😺

mmMekitty

Ggrand
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi mmMeKitty, ecomama and everyone….🤗..

Love your new “pet onion” mmMeKitty, you gave me a bit of a giggle…ecomama, how beautiful you get to have a lovely possum coming up to you…that would be awesome….

I used to watch a kangaroo with her joey, it amazed me so much how a rather large joey would get into mums pouch…looked like joey was too big to fit in their..the following year kangaroo came back to grazing on the paddock across from me, with bigger joey in tow…and surprise a much smaller joey popped out of her pouch…so nice to watch and for a brief time, see how they care for each other…

My new dog…peppa has a habit of throwing her ball up into the air and trying to catch it…😁unsuccessfully though, and then chases it around trying to catch it again but starts knocking it with her nose when she misses, and again tries to catch it….this is in my lounge room…honestly she sounds like a baby dinosaur she makes that much noise…She puts her front legs down, with a bang 😂😂..or should I say she throws her front legs down, constantly each time she try’s to catch the ball ️..it’s very comical to watch…and really cute to watch…but not at 2-3am in the morning 😂😂😂😂.,,She wakes up my two other fur girls, me…I hear my neighbour’s dogs start barking, so I’m thinking she’s waking them up as well…and no doubt at all my neighbour.😂😂️…

I had reservations about adopting her, being tied up from a 4 month old until I rescued her at 12 months old..I was concerned about how my 2 small dogs would get along with her…at first they were a bit frightened of her…but now they are all sleeping together, eating together, making noise together and happily playing together….I am pleased I took her in to be a part of my little fur family….

Now I have 3 to love …and I’m loved by the 3 of them.❤️💙💜

Pats for our fur and feathers babies..,and hugs to their  beautiful  parents that lives and cares for them so much….🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗.

Grandy..

mmMekitty
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Dear Grandy, your Peppa sounds so wonderful, (until 2:30-3am). Maybe the balls have to be put away at a certain time, until a decent hour for pllaying so loudly. 

& the kangaroos, I can't imagine a leggy Joey being comfortable, for mum! The Joeys seems happy to curl up in there, even when legs are sticking out. Eventually, mum has to encourage them to be more independent, eh? The pouch can only stretch so far.

Oh, I've named my onion, 'Bronion' (Bron'ee-on). How can I possibly think of eating Bronion, who is family, now?

💖💖💖💖💖

👍Yes, to furbabies, & to those without fur too!

mmMekitty

sbella02
Community Champion
Community Champion

I don't have any pet stories in particular (yet), but I've only just stumbled across this thread and I'm really enjoying reading through everyone else's stories! I have two fluffy ragdoll boys of my own and they're reading over my shoulder 🙂

ecomama
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Dear Grandy, Peppa sounds adorable awww. They're so funny doing things with balls like trying to catch them hahaha. My kids loved rubber balls when they were little. When I did the archaeology of our backyard lol.. cut back the lantana and FOUND it again, I found so many BALLS! 
I ended up putting any I found in 2 empty rectangular, concrete pots, low enough so the dogs could get one when they wanted to. 
Our pup doesn't care for balls, he's a snob lol. 
Alexa's pup LOVES them and goes straight to the pots to select one for the day. 

Alexa has a new rescue kitten! She was so tiny and now she's getting bigger and KNOWS us when we visit awww. She loves cuddles for a second. I sewed a pretend mouse for her lol, but had to choose the materials very carefully... like what to stuff it with? 
Had no idea to begin with. 
I chose to stuff it with natural twine lol. So if she ripped it open there'd be string to chew and not choke on. 
SHE LOVES IT. 
She also loves jumping on Alexa's Border Collie and swinging off of her TAIL! Omg like a swinging monkey. Dog hates this of course. Ughh. 

Bronion sounds wonderful Kitty HAHAHA. SO happy he's thriving at your place. A "rescue" indeed! 

sbella, your boys are SO intelligent! They can READ! 🤣😂

Love EM

ecomama
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Grandy I LOVED reading about the mama Kangaroo and her Joeys... 😍

EMxxxx

mmMekitty
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi SB, just wondering, when your ragdoll boys are reading over your shoulder - are they trying to read over the same shoulder, or have they worked out how to be one one each side of you? In other words, do they compete or share? 😺

Thought I'd update. Bronion now has a new home in a two-story pot/s. I cut the bottom out of a smallish plastic pot & then mostly filled the larger pot with potting mix, adding some water, & a little fertilizer, then placed the small bottomless pot in the centre, & holding Bronion up, filled in the Potting mix around Bronion, to the top, leaving the green leaves sticking up out from the top. Some more water on top, & a lot of hope this works! Oh, since I don't have proper trays to sit the pot/s on I'm using a recyclable aluminium dish, moulded to fit. Now it would be nice to have a plant stand, so I don't have to bend down so low.

Bronion is now near my front door, getting more sun again.

Hope all our human & non-human friends are well today.

mmMekitty 

sbella02
Community Champion
Community Champion

mmMekitty,

"Bronion", I love it! Will Bronion be getting a friend any time soon?

My cats can be quite competitive, yes! If they tried to read over the same shoulder, one would probably take rank and headbutt the other one out of the way, haha. 

Now for a little pet story, last night one of them was sitting in the washing basket that was on top of the ironing board, and the other tried to climb in and ended up knocking the basket off the ironing board entirely. Oops! They're both okay, but it was a little amusing at the time, as me and my sister watched the whole thing unfold from the beginning. 

SB

mmMekitty
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi SB & everyone,

Bronion update: I was feeling concerned Bronion's drooping leaves would not pick up again, after the move to the new home, & they really haven't, but no worse either. I have also discovered a couple stalks with small bulbous swellings near their tips, & my helper reckons Bronion is making flowers! I never expected that. 😹

mmMekitty 

Hello mmMekitty,

How is Bronion going? Did it produce flowers? 

Paws