FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Movies that you enjoy ...

Neil_1
Community Member

Hi all

As a result of a little posting between myself and Matty, I've decided to create this thread.  It's something that so many of us could contribute to ... and there's no right or wrong answer or suggestion ... there's no-one judging, but hopefully it will be just a little bit of a distraction for all us (even if for a short time).  And if anyone would like to give a little reason for the movie they suggest, then GO FOR IT.

Also, don't hold back at just one ... so post away and post often.

For starters, I have 3 movies that all begin with the letter S that I really enjoy (although one really begins with the letter T):

Sea Of Love (Al Pacino and the big funny guy, who I can't think of right now)

Sleepers (powerful movie - awful awful what happens in the first half, but the 2nd half is revenge, oh sweet revenge)

The Shawkshank Redemption (Morgan Freeman and Tim Robbins - love it)

Cheers all

Neil

82 Replies 82

Frann
Community Member

" Life is beautiful"

Another movie I loved. In Italian . 

Frann

Hi tony

The good the bad and the ugly is the best of clints westerns and of course unforgiven.but my favorite is the outlaw josie wales.and the ww2 movie where they steel the gold but i cant remember the name.regards amy.

white knight
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi Amy

Yes, I know the film with Clint Eastwood with the gold. Throughout that movie its like they tried to avoid the war entirely.

Hope you can find out what movie that was.

And you have to get "the legend of 1900"  a great movie.

Tony   WK

Hey Amy and Tony,

Was the movie with Clint Eastwood, WW2 and the Gold:

Kelly's Heroes from 1970? My dad loves that movie.

Liam

Hi tony

Kellys Heroes is the movie.i love Google.

644Amy
Community Member

Hi liam

Yes it was, i think that must meen im old also.lol.Amy.

BKYTH
Community Member
One of my favourite movies is 'The Barbarian Invasions' And no, there are no large bearded men with swords in their hands and a bad attitude in it. It is a French movie and won an oscar for best foreign language movie.........It is about a terminally ill academic and the last weeks of his life. The humour is delicious and the rawness of his plight so utterly palpatable that it asks questions of which there is no answer..............His immenent death erodes all the pretentions which have constituted his life and he is left to die aware of the fact that he had never really lived..............Its not for everyone but the jouney of those final weeks is one we must all take in one form or another whether we wish it or not.

the_motorcycle_boy
Community Member

I'm movie-mad and have a big collection so please bear with me, I am trying to keep it brief!

Some of my favourites are:

Drama - Talk Radio, The Dark Knight Rises, Barfly, Warrior and Whiplash.

Sci-Fi - The Matrix, Alien 1 and 2, Pacific Rim.

Thriller - Silence of the Lambs.

Romance - Dogfight, Notting Hill.

Comedy - Pirates of the Carribean, Buffalo 66, There's Something About Mary.

There are many more I like, too many to mention. My favourite recent movies are Whiplash, Dallas Buyer's Club, Warrior, Dan in Real Life.and 127 hours.

Mz13114
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

I just saw a New Zealand Movie that I loved.

It's very odd so I'm told. I thought it was very funny and dark.

What We Do In The Shadows.

Indra
Community Member
It is a case of where do you start! Comedy, I can't go past Monty Python's Holy Grail - such a classic. I do enjoy the old Clint Eastwood westerns too! Silence if the Lambs is better than most horror movies! Recent movies - American Sniper was good, as well as A Walk Among Tombstones. I am also lucky I have kids because the Minion movie is coming up ....