FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Is anyone up for a chat?

Doolhof
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hi Everyone,

Sometimes it is great to have a place where you can just have a chat about something not related to your mental health. So here is the opportunity to have a general chat about anything and to maybe find a "friend" to help make the day feel brighter.

Occasionally I connect with people on the forums and a lovely  friendship develops, but it may seem to others that they are not welcome to join in the conversation. This is not the case.

So here is an opportunity for new friendships to happen.

Maybe you would like to share your favourite holiday destination, or place you would love to visit. If you could have any animal as a pet what would it be? What is your favourite flavoured ice cream?

For me right now I would love to be somewhere warm! We have been experiencing some rather cold weather where even the chooks water is freezing over during the night! Somewhere with a beach and warm sea to swim in would be lovely!

My favourite ice cream flavour would be Jaffa in one of those crunchy cones! I would love to be eating one down at that tropical beach paradise followed by a lovely fresh coconut and maybe a beach massage as well.

I will be dreaming about this as I drive around today for work listening to Meatloaf. Maybe I should be listening to The Beach Boys instead, but I don't think I have any of their music on CD.

Hope you all have a great day,

Cheers from Mrs. Dools

161 Replies 161

Agnetha
Community Member

Doolhof

yes I would like to know what you think of psychodynamic therapy that go into your childhood. have you ever thought of having it? My friend said it  very helpful but expensive because you have it for a over a year.  If I can afford it, I want to have it one day. I want to understand some my childhood traumas. it give me valuable insight I think.

Hi Agnetha

Thankyou for your kindness in offering to cook me up some Swedish meatballs. I have never tasted them.

I hope you find some advice on psychodynamic therapy. There is a few people on the forums that have suffered trauma when they were a child. I am so sorry that you have Agnetha.

I care about you

Shelley xx

Hi Shelley,

Yes, I had left the site and yes I am a Christian. I will be the first one to tell you that I am not always a very good Christian! I have many faults and do so many things that are wrong. As I tell my husband, Christians are human's too! Ha. Ha.

There is no need to be scared to ask.

My husband is not a Christian and we both resect each others views on life. Today I have attended Church, then joined a group from Church for lunch. My husband has been out with his mates having a BBQ and no doubt enjoying a couple of drinks.

Believing in God helps me through my days and without Him, I honestly don't think I would still be here.

If you have been reading some of my older posts, you may have read about times when my life was very dark. A lot of people on this site helped me through, so I in return are trying to reach out to others.

Hope you are having a good day.

Cheers from Dools

Hi Agnetha,

I have not heard specifically of psychodynamic therapy, but I have certainly had psychologists and psychiatrists question me about my childhood and have tried to explain and rationalise how my childhood experiences have created me to be the person I am today.

I do understand that a lot of how I think and behave is due to past experiences. I also realise that I can learn to let go of the hurt and pain caused all those years ago.

As a child I was bullied and picked on quite a lot as were my sisters. Through that I have learnt to care for other people. To stand up for what is right, to recognise bullies and not be pushed around and to be aware of how others may be feeling.

As a child I reacted in the only way that worked for me then and that was to be very angry and to lash out. Thankfully I have learnt other ways to cope with life experiences that are unpleasant.

I will look up Psychodynamic therapy on the internet.

Cheers for now from Dools

Agnetha
Community Member

thanks doolhof

yes or something very similar is psychoanalysis, popular in Europe but not so much in Australia. I don't want to talk about my childhood trauma here as it is very personal. Just wonder if you had anything different to regular counselling.

I love Freud and Jung and sometimes read up on them. There was movie about them a few years ago. I think all of us have trauma from childhood, including even when we in mother's womb.

Bullying I experience a lot , from childhood to now. Even I feel on this forum a little.

Agnetha
Community Member

Attention posters

come and try free Swedish mothballs before they disappear, going , going.....

Hi Agnetha,

Many years ago I went to a Christian lady as my friend recommended her. She was a therapist of some kind who was into regression and taking a person back through their life by a mild kind of hypnotism.

I found the whole thing to be a little confronting and confusing. I am not sure that I would do it again.

Over the years I have come across information by Jung and Freud. It is interesting to read up on their theories and ideas.

Regarding the bullying on this site, I hope that is not the case. I know that at times it is hard to really understand what a person has written and their point can be misunderstood and read wrongly.

If ever you do feel like you have been bullied, then please use the REPORT POST (thingy) at the right hand top of the post and it will be reported. You can then acknowledge how you feel about the comments made...as can everyone of course.

I also understand if you do not wish to talk about your childhood issues here. That is certainly fine.

Hope you have had a good day!

Cheers for now from Doolhof

Agnetha
Community Member
Its nothing really

hejsan Agnetha

Thankyou for the Swedish meatballs.

I am sorry you were bullied when you were a child. I hope you are alright.

Shell xx

Yes shelley, I don't want sympathy. I will be a brave soldier in my life, despite problem after problem.