FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Is anyone up for a chat?

Doolhof
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hi Everyone,

Sometimes it is great to have a place where you can just have a chat about something not related to your mental health. So here is the opportunity to have a general chat about anything and to maybe find a "friend" to help make the day feel brighter.

Occasionally I connect with people on the forums and a lovely  friendship develops, but it may seem to others that they are not welcome to join in the conversation. This is not the case.

So here is an opportunity for new friendships to happen.

Maybe you would like to share your favourite holiday destination, or place you would love to visit. If you could have any animal as a pet what would it be? What is your favourite flavoured ice cream?

For me right now I would love to be somewhere warm! We have been experiencing some rather cold weather where even the chooks water is freezing over during the night! Somewhere with a beach and warm sea to swim in would be lovely!

My favourite ice cream flavour would be Jaffa in one of those crunchy cones! I would love to be eating one down at that tropical beach paradise followed by a lovely fresh coconut and maybe a beach massage as well.

I will be dreaming about this as I drive around today for work listening to Meatloaf. Maybe I should be listening to The Beach Boys instead, but I don't think I have any of their music on CD.

Hope you all have a great day,

Cheers from Mrs. Dools

161 Replies 161

BKYTH
Community Member
You make some very valid points. I was curious about the movie you were going to see but when you said "off to the pictures now" I didn't get the opportunity. I guess you will never read this as is implied by your post . Philip.

Mangof
Community Member

Hi Phillip ,

i have thoroughly enjoyed your past written words and just wanted to say thanks I agree written words are a beautiful way to express from deep within allowing us to communicate in honesty and with true relevance to any topic. I also agree homelessness is an issue to those that think a home is four walls but to me a home is a safe place that allows you to be grounded , both mentally and physically not necessarily within a building structure. I feel just as connected to myself within four walls as I do in a beautiful outdoor space eg beside a river or in a field of red dirt that has just been ploughed. I feel that you will face each day as it appears and hope that you will find the place that you want to be stay safe stay happy I hope there won't be too much of a gap before we hear from you again, thankyou for supporting me in my journey your absence in these forums will be greatly missed and I look forward to seeing you on here again.

thinking of you right here right now phillip

stay happy 🙂

mangof

Agnetha
Community Member

or we could re-ignite this chat thread

and this was started by Doolhof too. Doolhof think like me. She like various chat thread to choose from.

Hello Agnetha

I see that found your way here...... I will be happy to visit with you for a while. I am not that good at talking a lot sometimes. But I can definitely listen to you. 

So do you have something on your mind, that you want to say? I will to my best to understand.

Shell xx

oh shelley

hi. I see you visit this chat thread. I welcome you on behalf of doolhof.  You are free to come any time .We also encourage non-native speakers like myself.

I can serve you some Belgian beer with Swedish meatballs. it lumchtime special until 3.30pm , NSW time. You can read some European magazines here while you wait.

Hug and kiss

Agnetha

Hi Agnetha

I need to go now, I have been waiting a little while for you. So maybe we could visit another time, that is if you would like to visit or chat with me. 

Shell xx

Hi Shell, hello also to Agnetha.

Shelley, I remind you that I think it was through this thread way back in Nov or Dec that I think I first met you.

Agnetha, it is good that you found your way to a thread that I hope you find will satisfy your needs with regards to topics, discussions, feedback, etc.

Obviously this thread has no restrictions on the topic of conversation.  You can talk about pretty much anything.  Same as for the Cafe thread.

Enjoy,

Sherie

Ah Sherie my dear friend

Yes I definitely remember that.

Shell xx

Hi Agnetha and Everyone, 

I have just noted this thread has been started up again.

Do you have some specific topic you would like to chat about? Do you have questions about depression or other mental health issues you would like to share?

This thread can certainly be re-started.

Cheers for now from Dools

Hi Dools

I am not sure, if you are still hanging around? I am a little scared to ask this I think.... I wanted to know if you are a Christian? I thought you might be, just from reading some of your posts. I have read a few, even older ones of yours.

Shell xx