FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Is anyone up for a chat?

Doolhof
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hi Everyone,

Sometimes it is great to have a place where you can just have a chat about something not related to your mental health. So here is the opportunity to have a general chat about anything and to maybe find a "friend" to help make the day feel brighter.

Occasionally I connect with people on the forums and a lovely  friendship develops, but it may seem to others that they are not welcome to join in the conversation. This is not the case.

So here is an opportunity for new friendships to happen.

Maybe you would like to share your favourite holiday destination, or place you would love to visit. If you could have any animal as a pet what would it be? What is your favourite flavoured ice cream?

For me right now I would love to be somewhere warm! We have been experiencing some rather cold weather where even the chooks water is freezing over during the night! Somewhere with a beach and warm sea to swim in would be lovely!

My favourite ice cream flavour would be Jaffa in one of those crunchy cones! I would love to be eating one down at that tropical beach paradise followed by a lovely fresh coconut and maybe a beach massage as well.

I will be dreaming about this as I drive around today for work listening to Meatloaf. Maybe I should be listening to The Beach Boys instead, but I don't think I have any of their music on CD.

Hope you all have a great day,

Cheers from Mrs. Dools

161 Replies 161

BKYTH
Community Member
I practice Buddhist meditation. That sitting position is called 'the full lotus position'. And while it is in no way a position necessary for effective meditation I decided to do whatever was necessary to be able to sit in it. I did so as an act of self discipline.                                                                                                                                                                 I have never practiced yoga. But I find in sitting in this way during long sessions of meditation that my spine and shoulders do not ache as they used to do in other positions due to slouching forward. In this position I feel like a tree stump. My spine remains straight and firm and my shoulders are not compelled to struggle against gravity and therefore are relaxed which I find beneficial                                       Philip.

Do you find you are better at writing then say verbally speaking? I think I am. Yeah I am married too, but also a loner.

BKYTH
Community Member
To Shelley anne and Sherie I would add that we make a fine trio.                 Philip.

Gruffudd
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member
Shelley anne and Sherie have you come across each other elsewhere on these forums? 

Guest_1055
Community Member
Hey Rob, Philip and Sherie, I do actually find it funny in a way that we all don't go for the small talk. What are we supposed to do then?

BKYTH
Community Member
I love to write. I appreciate the possibilities in language. It is not superior but for me I am as authentic as I can be in that medium. Verbal exchanges are compromised by the ego of the other. Their beliefs and attitudes and the ingrain defenses that they have established in support of them reduce me to muteness.  Equally I have no capacity for small talk nor the desire to establish such a capacity.                                                                                                      Philip.

Mmmm, been trying to respond but system keeps crashing.  Hope we dont suddenly have 4 responses from me!

In answer to your ealier question Shelley Anne, yes I am much more comfortable in my written expression.  And at least I know it will come out as I mean it to.  Cant say the same for verbal communication however.  I think there is a disconnect between my brain and my tongue.

Yes Gruffudd I think I have been on other threads where I have 'met' Shelley Anne before.

Anyway thanks for the opportunity to at least attempt small talk.  ha ha.  

Nite all 

Guest_1055
Community Member

Rob I don't think I like the pop ups either. I don't think Sherie and I have meet on other threads, but I have read some of her comments or posts though. I am not sure if she is still here. I actually feel a bit dumb now, because I started this session wanting a chat, and I don't even know what I am doing.

BKYTH
Community Member
Nothing. Examine yourself and find your own voice. Small talk is an essential ingredient in life. Much that is rich and meaningful arises from it. I have come to understand, and more importantly accept, that silence will be a constant companion in my life. That silence can speak as loudly as the most socially adept voice can. The less of an opportunity I have to speak the more I can reflect on that which I would say if the situation were to arise where it was possible.                                               Philip.

Guest_1055
Community Member
Are you a professional writer Philip? I have read some of your posts in other forums. Did you mentioned that you were almost homeless? I do have a heart for the homeless, because I hear about them from my husband's work on the trains