FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Is anyone up for a chat?

Doolhof
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hi Everyone,

Sometimes it is great to have a place where you can just have a chat about something not related to your mental health. So here is the opportunity to have a general chat about anything and to maybe find a "friend" to help make the day feel brighter.

Occasionally I connect with people on the forums and a lovely  friendship develops, but it may seem to others that they are not welcome to join in the conversation. This is not the case.

So here is an opportunity for new friendships to happen.

Maybe you would like to share your favourite holiday destination, or place you would love to visit. If you could have any animal as a pet what would it be? What is your favourite flavoured ice cream?

For me right now I would love to be somewhere warm! We have been experiencing some rather cold weather where even the chooks water is freezing over during the night! Somewhere with a beach and warm sea to swim in would be lovely!

My favourite ice cream flavour would be Jaffa in one of those crunchy cones! I would love to be eating one down at that tropical beach paradise followed by a lovely fresh coconut and maybe a beach massage as well.

I will be dreaming about this as I drive around today for work listening to Meatloaf. Maybe I should be listening to The Beach Boys instead, but I don't think I have any of their music on CD.

Hope you all have a great day,

Cheers from Mrs. Dools

161 Replies 161

Guest_1055
Community Member

Hello, I am new to this particular thread, anyone on the forums want to have a chat?

OK 

Hi Shelley Anne.  This isnt one of the threads I've participated in before either.  But yeah, I'm happy to chat.  Whats been happening in your life lately?

BKYTH
Community Member

Sure. What do you want to chat about? Perhaps Sherie has already asked that question? I would like to hear what you have to say.            Philip,

Guest_1055
Community Member
Hey Philip I'm unsure if Sherie is still on the forums. And I am not sure what are want to talk about. Oh wait, yes can you tell me about that sitting position your are in, is it yoga?

Yes, I'm still here Shelley Anne ..................

Hey Sherie, now that I have asked for a chat, I am unsure what to chat about, I am not good at small talk at all. Do you have any ideas?

I'm not big on small talk either actually.  Fine pair aren't we?  I'm actually joined the Forum because I cant talk to anyone about my issues, and dont really have any friends anyway.  My psych suggested the BB Forums could be good for me.  

I did smile a little with your comment about being a fine pair. Yeah I don't find it easy at all to make friends. And I have never understood small talk

Ha ha, jolly good.  Glad I got a smile anyway.  I've never understood small talk either.  And yet as part of my therapy for PTSD I need to talk about things.  But so far I just have not been able to do it.  I find it all so hard.  I've always been a bit of a loner and definitely introverted.  My husband is bordering on narcissistic and I have lost touch with the few close friends I used to have.  So now I basically just keep to myself.  The only person I can really talk to is my psych.  But she's great.  Unfortunately I dont get to see her as much as I'd like.  Used all my 10 mental health sessions by August, so now have to wait until next year. So thats a bit hard.

Gruffudd
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member
I would be a third on the small talk. You know those chat things that pop up, I can't use them they are a little too instant and demanding for me.