FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

End of 2021, Holiday, Humbug, or what?

mmMekitty
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hello everyone, 😺

It's getting close to 'that time of year', & I'm seeing some mention of it here on BB, so I thought, wonder what people are doing this year? Will this year be the same as always for you, or what? Do you plan anything? Go anywhere? Do you want a grand Xmas / New Year? Or something simple &, whether by yourself, or with others? Will you be around BB over the 'silly season', as much, less or more?

I would like to be hanging around here, greeting people who may be lonely, or feeling the stress of societal expectations around these days, such as we see & hear in the ads, movies, & how people always ask 'what are you doing for xmas?', 'spending time with family?' & astonishment if you are not.

I'm not sure what I'm doing this year, I do like to buy myself something, because I don't expect anyone else will. I get some food I usually don't have (not xmas food), & to make my own special meal. I Know I am mostly doing this because of the societal expectations that 'everyone' does it, & people seem honestly puzzled if I'm not doing anything, because I don't practice any religion, don't have a lot of money to buy gifts, & don't like the commercial crap, or go on holidays, & such, don't even like noisy parties..

maybe I'll be invited to one Xmas lunch, like last year, (while COVID-19 was a little quiet & we could), but it seems I won't have other places to go & catch up with some people I know, & think of as friends, well, sort of...not as much as I thought, I guess.so I can say I do something.

I do struggle with people I would usually see being away for up to a month, possibly more, & because I don't have a wide circle of friends or family I miss the presence of even one.

A couple years ago, I went to a community lunch, hosted by a church, for anyone to come along to, & be with other people. I did enjoy that. But I'm not sure if they will be doing that again, yet.

In any event, I thought, this year, I can hang around here,

Any thoughts? Any ideas? Any plans? Or what?

mmMekitty 😺

30 Replies 30

mmMekitty
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Lovely to hear from you, Lillylane. 😻

I am not a fan of some modern renditions, withh all the worbling vocal gymnastics, probably because I couldn't sing them now if I wanted.

Do you have a favourite instrument or genre style, put both in your online search. I would like to know how to say 'no, not that type' when I do come across one that irritates. So I do try a few before I find one.

Every time you even try or simply accidently click, though, the algorithms think you want more of these too. That gets annoying, along with ads.

So, Lillylane, what did you do with your day today? Please, feel free to talk about what has you fluctuating from fine to having a heavy heart?

I know, one thing that I've been aware of, & that is that some people I'd like to talk with aren't around, so I can't, & I fear things are not going well for them, but there is nothing I can do. I do miss some people at this time of year.

Big virtual hugs to you, so big, that if you know someone who could use any, you'll have some to share.

mmMekitty
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Announcing:
The Crappiest Xmas Crap You Have Seen Awards 2021
For the sake of brevity, the winners are:

Elizabeth CP & half her extended family

Manufactures & distributers of Gingerbread Kits

Manufacturers & distributers of Buckets

Manufacturers & distributers of Water Gun

Manufacturers & distributers of all wetable clothing

Croix & the ‘Mental Health Organisation (no, not BB)

& finaly, Our over-all Crappiest Christmas Crap Award Winner for 2021 goes to:

🥁
The Manufacturer & distributers of ‘Fishing for Poo’!

👏👏👏

At the judge’s discretion EVERYONE wins a Virtual Hamper containing

* 2 Gingerbread Houses, unpacked & tested under teasing relli’s supervision.
* 1 large tablecloth with gingerbread, lollies & icing decoration
* 1 meal voucher to a location at least four hours of driving away (that’s about 8 hrs by public transport)
* 1 ‘Fishing for Poo’ game
* 2 soaking wet children’s outfits
* 1 partially wet adult woman’s outfit
* 2 buckets of water & 1 loaded water gun (just in case the clothes dry during transit)
* 1 ‘Christmas in the Heart’ Bod Dylan - CD/download , if you could be bothered.
👏👏👏
Congratulations to all winners. You’ve out-done yourselves!
Thank you all for your nominations. It’s been a pleasure & if anyone shows any lack of interest, we’ll do this again next year. Promise.

👏💐👏💐👏
mmMekitty 😻💐

Lillylane
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
Haha, ‘warbling vocal gymnastics’ is a good description - I know exactly what you mean 🙂

Reminds me of the sound my dear cat makes before she throws up. I tend to call that her yodelling voice.

Yeah I miss people that are no longer here.
I miss feeling connected.

I feel like I’m just in survival mode now. Trying to work out a plan for personal healing and a way forward.

Been getting outside today with some milder weather and that has helped.

Big hugs! Hope you’re doing OK! Thank you and look forward to supporting each other through New Year’s!

mmMekitty
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi Lillylane,

I was in fact describing myself, when someone tried to feed me tinned cat food. Talk about sick!

The Transcendent Rainbow Café has been a little neglected of late, but if you like, we could chat there, or you might prefer to start your own new Thread?

I will be round, like a🪀

😎or,

mmMekitty

Hi mmMekitty,

Just a short one from me but I was keeping my eye out for things that might be worth sharing!

The two ones I thought might be interesting are:

A Christmas card from a boss that allows them 'One work from home day'!

A t-shirt that says: All iwant for Chusetmas is you.

🙂

rt

Hi rt,

I like like the Xmas card! I hope the boss meant it in good humour, or was the boss so cheeky as to think they'd given a day of work from home thaat the worker didn't need to be paid? 😺

However, they way things are going, working from home just might be the best option for wherever possible.

Thanks for dropping by.

I'm sorry you missed the cut-off date, & weren't in the draw.

But I'm sure you'll get in early, if there is a next time.

In the mean time, I'd be printing up a few thousand of those cards, & doing a lot of work from home, staying safe.

mmMekitty

Hi mmMekitty,

Unfortunately nope! That person had needed to work in the office all year so it was one 'voucher' for a paid day for working from home! Plus the t-shirt was genuinely not supposed to be a mistake.

I agree that working from home is definitely the future. No worries about not being in the draw, the virtual hamper was very cool 🙂

See you around the forums.

rt

Guest_1584
Community Member

l just wish they'd all just go home now from my area. Hth are they even enjoying trying to have a holiday with this much Covid around anyway , it;s crazy.

rx

Hi rx,

I'm feeling over it, too. This Thread was my attempt to boost morale, help some people through what I know to be a very difficult part of every year, but thisyear, since I could see how awful some people are feeling, I wanted to have a 'holiday' bit of fun here. I know it does not solve the COVID-19 associated ppromlems people are having, but it just (I hoped) would give us a little break. I needed it, too.

My only regret is that more people didn't participate.

Upon the judges reconsideration of recent events, COVID-19 Omicron must surely take out the grand prize for the Crappiest Christmas Crap Award for 2021 & 2022 (Provided nothing worse comes along.)

mmMekity

Haaa thanks for that , gave me a chuckle . Reckon it could be up there that's for sure, it's a crappy one alright.

They were nice intentions though with the thread anyway , nice idea, sorry it didn't pan out that way. Weird really though isn't it, it's suppose to be all happy and family and holidays and stuffing our faces and whatever else , l look forward to one of those haha.

Take care

rx