FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

End of 2021, Holiday, Humbug, or what?

mmMekitty
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hello everyone, 😺

It's getting close to 'that time of year', & I'm seeing some mention of it here on BB, so I thought, wonder what people are doing this year? Will this year be the same as always for you, or what? Do you plan anything? Go anywhere? Do you want a grand Xmas / New Year? Or something simple &, whether by yourself, or with others? Will you be around BB over the 'silly season', as much, less or more?

I would like to be hanging around here, greeting people who may be lonely, or feeling the stress of societal expectations around these days, such as we see & hear in the ads, movies, & how people always ask 'what are you doing for xmas?', 'spending time with family?' & astonishment if you are not.

I'm not sure what I'm doing this year, I do like to buy myself something, because I don't expect anyone else will. I get some food I usually don't have (not xmas food), & to make my own special meal. I Know I am mostly doing this because of the societal expectations that 'everyone' does it, & people seem honestly puzzled if I'm not doing anything, because I don't practice any religion, don't have a lot of money to buy gifts, & don't like the commercial crap, or go on holidays, & such, don't even like noisy parties..

maybe I'll be invited to one Xmas lunch, like last year, (while COVID-19 was a little quiet & we could), but it seems I won't have other places to go & catch up with some people I know, & think of as friends, well, sort of...not as much as I thought, I guess.so I can say I do something.

I do struggle with people I would usually see being away for up to a month, possibly more, & because I don't have a wide circle of friends or family I miss the presence of even one.

A couple years ago, I went to a community lunch, hosted by a church, for anyone to come along to, & be with other people. I did enjoy that. But I'm not sure if they will be doing that again, yet.

In any event, I thought, this year, I can hang around here,

Any thoughts? Any ideas? Any plans? Or what?

mmMekitty 😺

30 Replies 30

Hey how dare you take my prize from me!!!!! Just joking. Thanks Mekitty for your thread and attempt to provide some humour in this insane time. Nobody could compete with Omicron for the worst Christmas present ever although cetain polititions with their head in the sand and blame others attitude which has allowed Omicron free reign should come second.