FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Croix Parler

Croix
Community Champion
Community Champion

I'd like to use this pace for miscellaneous matters that don't fit elsewhere

Thanks

Croix

2,088 Replies 2,088

Croix
Community Champion
Community Champion

Dear MK, ER and all~

Yes it is the same Alfred, I have a lend of Stately Croix Manor while Bruce, Dick and Aunt Harriet are away for a holiday (hopefully hte Penguin is following them). Then sadly back to just the iceberg, stingrays and all. However Sumo, being an intelligent cat, has permanent residence there keeping the flying mice in check.

This red phone in the study under a glass jar keeps on ringing, I wonder why?

I'll look out for a suspicious sea-lion, you never know who it might be.

Croix

Eagle Ray
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

MK, stingrays can indeed leap through the air and so may be zooming over Croix’s igloo soon!

And Croix, yes I wonder who is calling the red phone?! I’m glad you are enjoying Stately Croix Manor and hopefully no large, villainous penguins are about! Friendly pats to Sumo 🐱

mmMekitty
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

I'm sleep-floating, in my insulated swimsuit. My red mane is wet & bedraggled, & looks like turning into dreadlocks. It looks like it is made of yarn, possibly like the red rug between the fireplace & you, Croix. What? There is no red rug? I sweare, I bleeping didn't do it!

I'm not ringing you on your red phone either... no, if I want you, I can always drop chuncks of ice down the chimney.

Flying mice? I wonder if we can teach the stingray to fly & zap them? You know, just enough to discourage them from flying into your igloo, getting into your pantry, all the way up to the top shelves, & most especially keeping them from pooping all over the pretty clean ice of your igloo & iceberg. Little black specks everywhere - I don't need.  Adding that to what I already see using these eyes, would simply be asking too much.

I wonder if there could be ANYTHING in Batman's utility belt to deal with all the penguins? I have my doubts. 

ooh, imagine, if Batman became a Vampire while on holiday!

I think it would be a use for the batphone, "Hello Chief, I think we have a problem..."

Hugzies & goodnight, wake up bright, not necessarily early, if you don't need to... 

mmMekitty

Eagle Ray
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

A dreadlocked sea lion would be quite a sight! In fact, have you infiltrated Croix’s stately manor disguised as a rug?!

The stingrays would gleefully zap flying mice with their daring acrobatics. The only complicating factor would be Croix needing to install a giant aquarium to house them, from which they can leap and splash down again. This could be a problem in keeping the manor warm and dry, and may mean it is no more a refuge than the igloo. Sumo may also end up one bedraggled cat from all that stingray splashing. It would, at least however, be an entertaining sight! A bit like star fighter spacecraft in Star Wars shooting down enemy spacecraft 🚀 Croix will won’t need to watch television for entertainment!

mmMekitty
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Or like "Space Invaders" video game, from a long time ago. (In other words, google it if you don't know).

You know, I can lie pretty flat, but I'm doubt if I can cover that much room of the floor, not quite. No doubt, my purring would alert Croix to my presence.

Hugzies

mmMekity

Eagle Ray
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Yes I know space invaders and I love it! I actually prefer those simple computer games to the advanced graphics and complexity of the ones that exist now.

You have made me laugh imagining a purring carpet/rug 😂 No doubt Sumo would quickly recognise your presence and want to play with you 🐱

mmMekitty
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

I wasn't very good at playing vieo games, not even the simplest. I enjoyed Tetris, although I'm sure I couldn't be called an expert or even very good at playing. I preferred games that allowed me to take my own time, not be forced to finish levels within a certain time & worse, have to start all over i when I failed.

I think these games that you play until you fail, unless you are extremely good, or can cheat, & reach the final level, are sot so good. To leave players feeling disappointed & deflated doesn't seem like a good idea to me.

One of the best things I remember about having Mekitty was how I could feel & hear her purr, often until she slept, lying beside me.

If I could I would have the ability to purr.

& fly, (not in a plane or even with wings, but like I've done in my dreams, with no visible means of support). That's something else I'd love to do.

Hey Croix & Mrs C, how are you?

I've got some mmMarshmallows here, somewhere ... oo, no, that' a jar of fresh sardines. You like that? I'm happy to share. It's a big jar, eh, enough for everyone.

Hugzies

mmMekitty

Eagle Ray
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Ah, yes, I remember Tetris and enjoyed it too. I agree it’s good to play games that feel good to play.

I understand missing mmMeKitty. I’m no longer looking after GFC and miss her climbing up beside me and doing the same thing, purring until she went to sleep.

I think some forms of chanting people do, such as Om and Voo chanting, are kind of similar. Those deeper vibrations can be self-soothing. They apparently calm the vagus nerve putting us in a relaxed state, so I’m guessing it’s similar for cats.

Yes, flying in dreams is wonderful. I’ve also experienced it in waking dreams in sound healing experiences with various instruments including singing bowls. Not everyone enjoys that but in some of those experiences I’ve found myself flying over landscapes, not asleep but not in regular waking consciousness either. I could even direct it a bit, a bit like lucid dreaming. It’s kind of transformative and healing.

Were you planning to toast marshmallows on Croix’s tusks over an open fire? I’m guessing you’ve done this in the past? I can imagine tusks would be very useful for many tasks. Are, that’s interesting alliteration - tusks and tasks. It’s a bit of a tongue twister saying them together, or for me anyway.

Yes, hope Croix and Mrs C are going well too. I’m sure Sumo would like some of those sardines MK.

Hugzies to everyone too!

mmMekitty
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

ER, I haven't actually thought of roasting mmMarshmallows on the tusk! What an intriguing idea. I may need a wheelbarrow for the fire, in case the Walrus notices & begins to move away.

I've been popping some onto his tusks, whereupon, he has to have some help retrieving them, & giving themto him.

That was pretty mean of me as it was. Now you suggest I roast them after putting them on his tusks? Oh my ...  I think I may draw the line somewhere very near this point. I can roast them first.. 

[LRC grins, thinking of sticky melted mmMarshmallow goo on tusks, no matter how carefully they are removed.] 

& ER, you've reminded me, I would love to get a few singing bowls. I'd particularly like if they have a long-lasting.

I had a chance many years ago, during a day out, while Buddha's Birthday was being celebrated. I simply didn't have enough money on me that day. 

I was intrigued by them.

I enjoy listening to Shakuhachi. I first heard Riley Lee back then as well. Wonderful sounds, although I understand it's all about the breath, control & such, as a form of meditation practice. I doubt I could listen without thinking & feeling how beautiful the sounds are; I can't let the sounds exist & fade without the judgement entering my thoughts.

Hugzies everyone.

I think it's getting time for my bed & rest, with a hope to dream of flying. It's been years since I was flying. I don't know why I stopped. I wish I would again.

mmMekitty

Eagle Ray
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

I had forgotten how a walrus’s tusks are still quite close to the body, so yes roasting them on the tusk may be a bit risky for our dear Croix. The tusks would, however, as you describe be a good storage place for marshmallows for future consumption, as well as being very decorative on a walrus, a bit like a necklace. It could also be a new fashion statement for walruses.

Yes, I find singing bowls intriguing too. I actually have two Riley Lee CDs myself. One is called Nalu/Surf Rider and the other I can’t remember ( they’re in a disorganised mess since I moved). The shakuhachi has such a cleansing, clearing, pure sound quality doesn’t it. While meditation can be about the relinquishing of thoughts, I think you can do a version of it where you allow the thought “this is beautiful” to be there. It’s like immersing yourself in beautiful sound. And you can just merge and become one with that beautiful sound.

I hope you had a lovely sleep, possibly with some flying involved. I just had a funny thought, which was imagining a flying walrus, or even just a levitating walrus. What a most curious and amusing sight that would be. It would be a great way for Croix to literally rise above the antics on his iceberg!