FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Croix Parler

Croix
Community Champion
Community Champion

I'd like to use this pace for miscellaneous matters that don't fit elsewhere

Thanks

Croix

2,088 Replies 2,088

mmMekitty
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

I had been wondering why the Albatross was laughing at me. Well, now I know! zjust thinking how I must have looked, gripping the ice for all it is worth, bracing myself against a gale force wind that didn't exist, shouting out with excitement, & going nowhere!

You know what, Croix, I sure had fun, so I refuse to be in the least embarrassed.

I wonder, can I purr enough to make your igloo vibrate? Wouldn't that feel weird? 

Hummmmm ..... Have you ever considered motorising this iceberg?

Hugzies

mmMekitty

Croix
Community Champion
Community Champion

Dear MK and all~

You did mention Sumo Cat. He very sensibly does not come out to the igloo but stays at my other residence, Stately Wayne Croix Manor, 12 miles from The City, where his every whim is catered to by Alfred the butler.

This of course is where I go to write to you all, before a blazing wood fire with Sumo supervising. Keyboards tend ot stop functioning in an igloo, and inebriated kiwis often run over the keyboard, typing gibbbbissher.

Croix

mmMekitty
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

? I've got GFC on one side, so yeah, who is the cat on my other side, if not Sumo? [LRC slumps, "to think, I thought Sumo & I were getting on like gangbusters.. oh, woe! But that doesn't mean I don't like this cat too... love/like/love/like/love ALL cats!]

Is Alfred the same butler that worked for Bruce Wayne aka Batman? If he ain't getting long in the tooth, no-one is! Who was my favourite Batman villain? The Penguin, of-course! 

& yeah, I had suspected Sumo was typing too, sometimes, like when it seems you say something particularly clever .. hehehe I can only blame the local gekkoes, maybe. I haven't heard much from them this summer, either. All I know is things look alright when I post, but when I read the post again, I find typos! It's a mystery to me.

Right now, I'm happy in a cool pool. It'ss lovely & relaxing, I would love to simply float around all night long. Just  blow-up neck ring to keep my head above water, & some food on a raft, so I don't have to get out ... maybe something else could be worked out for the other of life's little necessities, & that would be me sorted!

Hugzies everyone

mmMekitty

mmMekitty
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Oh, um, I like Catwoman too, the Ertha Kitt Catwoman I mean. She was impressive even to a little kitten like me. Purrrrfect!

Eagle Ray
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Dear MK and All

It looks like Sumo must travel on Croix’s back all the way from the Australian continent to his iceberg and back. What a sight it must be, a cat travelling upon a walrus!

GFC is happy to romp and play with LRC during Sumo’s absences. [GFC raises paw, ready for play fight fun!]

Yes, who knows what that Penguin villain from Batman may get up to! Croix already has a major penguin problem.

The cool pool sounds very relaxing 😌 Of course it may be hard to sustain in the cold waters in the vicinity of Croix’s iceberg. Though I imagine this would not be so hard for a walrus who is well-insulated. It may also be a doable form of relaxation for the kiwis who, due to their inebriation don’t feel the cold, and just think how lovely this floaty feeling is.

mmMekitty
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

The kiwis aren't relaxed enough, huh?

I will have a full-length insulated swimsuit made for me. It could be made to resemble a sea lion, with a mane of red hair, claws at the ends of flippers, & whiskers near the snout, too. Wah-la! One amazing hybrid, swimming mermaid-style in the very cool, dang near frozen, pool, chasing the Walrus with Sumo crouching on his head.. .... maybe?

I'll be happy in my insulated swimsuit ER, with you zapping the water & warming it up sometimes. All I ask is that you don't melt my swimsuit,

Hugzies

mmMekitty 

Eagle Ray
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Ah, the full length insulated swimsuit sounds ideal. And you will also pass as a local species, rather than the befuddling presence of a feline in Antarctic waters.

I had forgotten the power of electricity that some stingrays can emit. I’m quite happy to do some zapping to warm the water. Rather than motorising his iceberg, I wonder if Croix has thought of electrically powering it with stingrays? 🤔 There could be a battery that they charge whenever necessary. Though I imagine he may decline this suggestion, concerned for what mischief they get up to.

mmMekitty
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

If we need battery storage space, those kiwis best keep themselves inebriated, so we can use the empties to expand the volume of floatation system ... hmm, the mischief potential of stingrays, especially those that can do zapping, must be phenominal. I can smell the ozone already! What a lovely smell that is.

The vividly scarlet mane I designed for this swimsuit of mine rather stands out a bit, so no chance of camouflage. That's okay, if nobody could see me, why would I bother designing such a wonderful swimsuit?

Eagle Ray
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

It sounds like you will be a most stylish sea lion!

Ah, yes, there seem to be many advantages to inebriated kiwis - flotation, keeping Croix warm in his igloo etc.

I love the smell of ozone! It’s often the sign of rain coming along with a thunderstorm! Hmm, I wonder if stingrays can manufacture thunderstorms with their electrical powers? 🤔 That could be fun, especially for Croix in his igloo 😀 I imagine the igloo may create a resonate chamber for thunder. Hee hee!

mmMekitty
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

I suspect Croix does his best singing in there - he's dot a real sense for when pests like us are sneaking around so, it's hard to catch him at it. I do believe I have heard a few truncated notes reverberating as I have approached the chimney above the fireplace.

For one with so great a presence, Croix is quite shy.

I think, ER, if you can get yourself up into the air, & flap & zap like heck, it would be entirely possible for you to make like Thor., or was that Odin?