FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

what physical feelings of anxiety do you get?

annabay
Community Member

hey there, what physical symptoms of anxiety do you experience?

I often feel very alone in my experience of having physical chest (what I think are heart) spasms and was wanting to create a space for everyone to list their physical feelings that come hand in hand with anxiety so we can all feel less alone.

hope everyone is well.

797 Replies 797

Cranberry_Juice
Community Member
  • I get heart palpitations
  • restless legs
  • feel tense muscle stiffness
  • sick in the stomach
  • shakes
  • worrying thoughts
  • I feel like running away or curling up in a really tight ball
  • Stressed

Hi Everyone and thankyou so much for being a part of Annabay's great thread topic!

Hey Cranberry Juice...I used to get the same common symptoms you do...and they can be awful for sure

Hey Jemma...great to have your support on this helpful thread topic! Thankyou heaps 🙂

Paul

jemma09
Community Member
Hi Paul, no worries, happy to help and lend an ear where I can! 🙂

Hi Everyone! New members are always welcome to post too 🙂

Hey Jemma...Thankyou so much for your help on this thread

Just some background to this thread topic for everyone....I noticed this thread by Annabay last year and it had a heap of new members posting on it....All of these new members have helped so many people, by posting their symptoms it helps so many people (readers and members) know they are not alone

Here is Annabays opening post below...from last year..

22 October 2019 ..."Hey there, What physical symptoms of anxiety do you experience?
I often feel very alone in my experience of having physical chest (what I think are heart) spasms and was wanting to create a space for everyone to list their physical feelings that come hand in hand with anxiety so we can all feel less alone. hope everyone is well
"

I hope everyone has a really good weekend 🙂

Paul

I also get the tingling... but it’s only on one side of my body. My third child was born 5 months ago and I haven’t experienced anything like this before.

i get these episodes where tingling/numbness goes from my left leg, to my arm, then to my face. I’ve had MRIs on my brain and neck, and next week I see a neurologist. I’m hoping it’s just post natal anxiety and nothing serious.

i also have quite severe thoughts of something happening to my, like a terminal illness. I just want to be around for my children and be happy again.

im considering taking meds after I have seen the Neurologist if everything is clear.

i also had my first panic attack about 6 weeks ago and it’s been getting worse since then with the above tingling episodes.

MidLifeGirl
Community Member

I also found your post interesting. The first part about the traumatic prescription reaction. I’ve never heard of this but very interested to find out more.

my whole left side goes tingly/numb, it lasts anywhere between 24 hours to 3 days. I’ve had 4 episodes of this lately.

note: I’ve had MRIs and I’m seeing a neurologist too Incase it’s not anxiety.

Hello MidLifeGirl

Thankyou for being a part of this helpful thread topic! You are proactive with your health by checking your symptoms with having the MRI's and seeing your Neurologist as well

I just read SxZ's post above and havent heard of ' traumatic prescription reaction' until now..I used to have anxiety for a long time and the symptoms do vary so much

Great to have your valued input on the forums!

my kind thoughts

Paul

Guest_4643
Community Member

For me, symptoms of anxiety can be:

• Sweating a lot.
  • Heart palpitations, sometimes chest pain (but it's bearable).
  • Dry mouth and sore throat, or a "lump in my throat" if you will.
  • Nausea, sometimes vomiting and stomach problems like gastro.
  • Excessive thoughts of course, bad ones.

And probably more, I can't think of any more currently. Sorry to hear that so many others deal with anxiety and the symptoms everyone here has too. Thinking of you all here.

Tayla

Clarissa26
Community Member

Hi everyone,

I get achy forearms and twitchy fingers. I also wake up feeling nauseous in my tummy but only slightly.

At my worst I couldn’t eat, I had hot and cold flashes when sleeping. I also felt like my skin was burning. And I also couldn’t sleep. I started on medication and it helped a lot. So did routine.

Mendel
Community Member

Hi Everyone,

Ive made a post on here once before, but I’ve recently been getting quite a strange feeling.
I have quite consistent blurry vision throughout the day that seems to come and go. Hard to focus.
But it also comes with this feeling of being disconnected.
As though the activities and things that I do, I’m almost floating through them without ever being present.

Does anyone ever go through something similar?
very hard to explain the feeling.

Thanks,

Mendel