FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Was a dickhead

JacintaMarie
Community Member

Hi

I did something wrong, by being "argumentative". The lower lifts weren't working but the higher lifts were working & I tried to say we could go down lift K. But Team Leader said we couldn't, I shouldn't have said it, but I did & she had firm voice & I had form voice.

I've got my period so am extra sensitive. Hate this, how it makes me sensitive & I do wrong things. I use my initiative & it's wrong. I am looking for another job, but it's going to be the same, it's hopeless, the same people are everywhere & I can't quit my job, I need the money! Sorry beyond blue! I've used you twice after so long, I am on tablets, I thought I was done with these thoughts, 

Am going to have cry to get it out

Thanks & I'll get there & I don't mind waiting for replies, there are others that need it.

6 Replies 6

Mark Z.
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi Jacinta,

Welcome back. I'm sorry to hear that you're still feeling upset and frustrated about the situation at work and your current emotional state. It's important to remember that everyone has moments when they make mistakes or feel overwhelmed, and it's okay to have those emotions.

When you're feeling overwhelmed, it can be helpful to step away from the situation for a moment. Take deep breaths and try to relax your mind and body.

Do you have someone you trust to talk to lately? A friend, family member, or a therapist. Sharing your thoughts and emotions can provide you with a different perspective and emotional support.

Everyone makes mistakes, the positive side is that you have good self-awareness. Take some time to reflect on what happened at work. Consider whether there are any lessons to be learned from the experience. Reflection drives improvement.

And I feel that you have too much negative thoughts in your head. Remember, your mistake can't define you as a person. Instead of dwelling on the negative aspects, remind yourself of your positive qualities and strengths.

If you're unhappy with your current job and believe it's contributing to your distress, it may be worth exploring other job opportunities. But don't rush on finding a similar job, take this chance to carefully think what type of job suits you best, makes you happier and less stressed. It's never too late to change profession. You can engage a career coach if needed.

Last, if you're on medication and still experiencing persistent negative thoughts or emotional difficulties, it may be helpful to consult with your doctor or mental health professional. They can assess your current medication regimen and make any necessary adjustments to better support your well-being.

Remember, it's crucial to be patient with yourself. Changing jobs or improving your emotional well-being takes time. I hope everything will be better, but anytime you need our suggestions, feel free to come back.

Mark

Doolhof
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hi JacintaMarie,

I remember having massive mood swings when I had my period. Goodness me, those hormones were difficult to control Have you spoken to your Dr about this as there may be some medication, hormonal treatments or even some mental strategies you could use to help take the edge off.

I've been struggling with my work place so at the end of each day and even during the day I try to make note of the moments that have gone well and acknowledge them. Writing them down helps to make those moments feel more significant as well.

I have been telling myself positive affirmations at work as well, that helps me feel better about myself. I'm also Googling how to accept/handle/decipher negative thoughts. Some of that is helping.

This is a safe place to share how you are feeling. Hope you have something nice planned for the weekend.

David35
Community Member

Don't ever apologise for reaching out for help. People here only want to help.

JacintaMarie
Community Member

Thanks Mark, I am taking the time to find something else, though all the jobs aren't close to me.

Thanks for advice

Thanks, I do have a positive confirmations at work, I have them surrounded with me, I hate it when curse starts, but am acknowledging & slowly getting better.

And also too, management is mainly unhappy when they have to wait for stuff. 

Thanks David, just think I'm wasting time, when others need it more.