FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Nausea and abdomen psin

Mary5256
Community Member
My anxiety seemingly appears from nowhere and presents right chronic nausea and abdomen pain. Started 2 years ago after a frightening food bolus which took a long time to get help for ad I live in the country. My nausea is so bad I often feel like I’m dying and it won’t stop until it wants to. I take nexium and gavascon to no avail it’s got a mind of its own. I’m taking a small anti psychotic drug which doesn’t help. All other meds I’ve tried make me even more ill. Sometimes I just don’t know what to do  I go to doctors and leave hopeful but nothing works.
5 Replies 5

Sophie_M
Hi Mary5256,  You’ve taken some incredibly important steps. It’s difficult when treatment doesn’t have any quick answers, and it can be a difficult journey. We encourage you to keep your prescribing doctor updated on what’s going on for you and seek a second opinion from a differing doctor if are looking for additional perspectives on your medication.  Kind regards,  Sophie M 

Sophie_M
Hi Mary5256,  You’ve taken some incredibly important steps. It’s difficult when treatment doesn’t have any quick answers, and it can be a difficult journey. We encourage you to keep your prescribing doctor updated on what’s going on for you and seek a second opinion from a differing doctor if are looking for additional perspectives on your medication.  Kind regards,  Sophie M 

Sophie_M

Thanks for your reply, I certainly have tried to get help I’ve been to lots therapy and even hypnotherapy the poor gp,s can only forward me on to psychiatrists which I wait months for. I feel very doomed as I actually could be having a beautiful life with great family and friends but everyday I wake up nauseas, headache and often a new pain somewhere. I’ve had enough tests to say it’s anxiety probably ptsd. Im truly over it 

therising
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi Mary

That's a horrible thing to be facing and so dreadful, given the dread you must feel in waiting for it to suddenly flare up time and time again.

Can't help but wonder whether your gut's never fully recovered since that initial issue. I imagine you may have seen a gastroenterologist. 'Gut microbiome' is an interesting topic, given it's relationship with both physical and mental health issues. The gut/brain axis can relate to depression, anxiety and more. If the home to all the microbes and stuff is out of balance, it can lead some of our other systems to be out of balance too. While I used to think all those adds for pro and pre biotics weren't worth taking any notice of, I realised the importance once I started to research the gut/brain axis. Do you think it might be worth doing a bit of research, so as to see whether you can relate to some of the information? There's a bit out there on the topic of how gut issues can cause or trigger anxiety.