FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

The War and Ukraine … Strategies that can help

Petal22
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

I have seen and heard so much that is going on with the war in Ukraine 🇺🇦

My heart goes out to each and every one in Ukraine.

Our minds can begin to spiral in a negative way which is sometimes fuelled by anxiety in regards to the war.

When our thoughts begin to spiral…we can:

Just allow the thoughts to be there and then allow them to float away when they come back still allow them to be there and float away….. try not to give them your attention.

What we give attention to we give power to.

When we have the thoughts we can put our attention on something positive in the present moment and not what’s going inside our minds.

Focus on your breath, use your breath as an anchor this will help ground you.

If we want to do something positive for Ukraine we can pray for them and direct our positive energy towards Ukraine in their time of need to help lift them.

I believe that Ukraine are strong and very resilient people who would do anything to protect their country.

Hold high hopes for Ukraine we are with you .💪❤️

59 Replies 59

Petal22
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hi Geoff,

I have the same thoughts as you in regards to what’s happening in Ukraine, it’s just horrible.

geoff
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hello Petal, it just makes you wonder why someone is so inane to create all of this devastation and cruelty upon innocent children, families, kindergardens and hospitals under the Geneva Convention.

Geoff.

Petal22
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hi Geoff, exactly….. insane…..

Its all just horrible.

Hi Petal and Geoff

Its bizarre that the year is 2022 yet the war in Ukraine has so much in common with the 1940's

The Ukrainian people's suffering is something I cannot even begin to comprehend ...not only physiologically but where the PTSD and mental health is concerned

Beyond Blue is an excellent National platform yet mental health knows no boundaries

Just for myself I am very proud to stand with Ukraine

my kindest always

Paul

Hi Paul,

I also find it hard to comprehend the people of Ukraines suffering it’s going to be felt many years to come, it’s very sad that they have had to go through what they have.

Beyond Blue is an amazing National platform but yes mental health knows no boundaries……. It’s devastating.

I too am proud to say I stand with Ukraine 🇺🇦

quirkywords
Community Champion
Community Champion

Alas what is happening in Ukraine has been happening for centuries and in the last 59 years.
“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing,”

we need to speak up against any atrocities wherever they are occurring and not just where there is media attention.

What is happening in Ukraine is so horrible and it is encouraging many are speaking up. We need to do this for all countries .

Knowing that people care for others welfare is reassuring.

HamSolo01
Community Member

hi Petal22

You know your post got me thinking about how chaotic and painful the world is. I believe the ukraine events are a catalyst for so many of us. I mean we now have an election period and already both candidates look tired and sick of it already. The world is a truly strange place.

That much said, I have found beauty in nature and good things. Sunrises, weddings, overcoming personal battles and similar things can give us a much needed boost.

I really think that you have tapped into something here Petal22

Hi quirkywords,

I agree we need to speak up for all countries were this is happening to so many innocent people.

The more we speak out against what is happening in our world, the more attention will be drawn to the evil that is happening in our world….

People who carry the light of good inside them who speak out against these things will triumph, because the light combined is a very powerful source the source of LOVE……

I see President Zelenskyy as a symbol of light, love and power he isn’t afraid of the evil he defies it…… with his light of good, that he shines for all people.

He shows us his light and power in his every day work………..if only more people and powerful people took his lead I think this world would be become more united.

Heres to people power! Eventually our light will outshine this evil and good will prevail. ❤️🙏🇺🇦

Hi HamSolo01,

Thank you for your post… 😊

Yes I agree that the world can be a very chaotic and painful place when we really “look” at what is taking place.

All of this is brought on by human behaviour, human behaviour that can be stopped and changed if only the people who are creating this evil behaviour could just sit back and recognise it for what it is…………. It’s very catabolic it’s behaviour that feeds the self ego which really has no need to be fed.

If only we could just allow the goodness of human behaviour evolve what an absolutely beautiful place our world would be ………. this is something that ALL humans have the ability to do we all just need to choose it.

More LOVE less hate….

After all we are all one.

There is no place for war in our world we all just need to stand tall and say “ no more “……..

To all the powerful leaders of our world they just need to be able to stand tall and say “ No More”……..

Praying for Ukraine 🇺🇦 and all parts of our world that need it ❤️🙏

Lets unite

I also think that it’s great Hamsolo01 that you have found beauty in nature and good things 😊 this is really important.

Overcoming personal battles does give us a boost 😊 we can look back and see how far we have come.

Wishing you all the best