FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Severely anxious and losing hope. Nothing feels normal.

Loststriver
Community Member
I don't know what to do anymore. Ever since the vaccine mandates for HCW's last year, I've been on a downwards spiral of severe anxiety. I gave up studies and my job and that further increased my anxiety to record levels. I ended up having to get the jab and returning to work because I need income. I had a very bad reaction to the second dose and ever since then I've felt lost and hopeless.

I'm stuck in the same old casual job that I have been in the past four years, which I now hate and is making me miserable. I can't move my life forward. My living situation is uncertain and is stressing me out. At this point in time, it's impossible to find another rental. I don't want to move in with my grandparents and alcoholic father if I have to get out.

Everything is too overwhelming because I don't know what to do to make my life better. Everything feels out of control and I feel really bad on the inside. I can't cope day to day anymore.
3 Replies 3

geoff
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hello Loststriver, hi and welcome.

Having the jab for health reasons or because you need to be able to work has been a choice people have had to make and some have been fine with the first and second but had a reaction with the third or it's possible with other combinations and I'm sorry you have had to go through all of this.

Moving in with your grandparents can at times stifle any progress, just as living with an alcoholic father may involve many awkward and frustrating events that you don't want any part of, that is definitely understandable and could quite easily stall your own health.

I'd like to know some more about your living conditions so we can help you more, but if you can google this 'I can't cope day to day anymore' there are sites for you to look at which may help.

Does your doctor know of your situation about the injection, but probably more about how you are feeling.

Hope to hear back from you.

Geoff.

Sophie_M
Dear Loststriver,

We’re sorry that you have had such a difficult time with the vaccination, as mentioned by Geoff it’s impact on everyone has been very varied and it is very unfortunate that you had a ‘bad reaction’. We would also like to reinforce the advice to discuss your feelings with your GP, they can provide you with recommendations and referrals specific to your needs and are an excellent way to engage with support services.

Please remember that if you need someone to talk to, we are always available. We have counsellors that would be happy to discuss and provide support or advice on your employment and housing concerns.
Reach out to Beyond Blue either via phone 1300 22 4636 or web chat: http://www.beyondblue.org.au/get-support/get-immediate-support

Warm regards
Sophie M

Beeee
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hello Lostriver,

I'm sorry to read how you've been feeling, hopefully you can find some comfort on the forums.

I understand giving up on studies and work due to anxiety. I myself have in the past, turned down many opportunities because of anxiety. Something that has really helped me overcome anxiety has been speaking with a psychologist. It's helped me understand why I feel anxious and develop coping strategies. Additionally, just having someone to talk to and voice all my fears to really helps.

Like Sophie_M, I would recommend speaking with your GP and getting a referral.

Hope you're well,

Beeee