FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Overwhelmed with life,and my mum is sick

Elliemaybe
Community Member

Hi all,

I have been feeling really stressed recently about pretty much everything. I find myself overthinking pretty much everything and I'm just really exhausted. To put it in perspective, I find the idea of opening a door (that hasn't been labelled with push/pull) really stressful, which seems like a silly thing to worry about. Pretty much everything I overthink. I am 25 with no licence because I panic everytime I try to drive.

This last week has been hell for me because my mum had to have open heart surgery. The next day she ended up losing consciousness and needed CPR. She is stable now but still in ICU. Now all I find myself doing is going over every possible scenario in my head, to the point where I am in tears because I have played out her funeral in my head.

I am so stressed, and so tired. I can't remeber the last day I didn't have a headache. My whole body aches all the time, I feel like my body is over 60 years old and I am only 25. If I could stay in bed all day I would. I honestly don't know how I am finding the strength to get up and go to work every day.

I just wish I could be carefree for a day, just to know what it feels like. At the very least I would like to be able to confidently try to open any door I come across.

2 Replies 2

quirkywords
Community Champion
Community Champion

Elliemaybe,

Welcome to the forum. This is a friendly, support and caring place.

I can see you have been under a lot of stress with your mum's surgery and post operation complications.

Before your mum was ill, were still as stressed as you are now?

Have you spoken to your doctor about your headaches, feeling tired, and feeling stressed.?

Is there anything you can do to feel carefree, something you enjoy, could be walking, watch a movie, reading a book, really anything that will help you relax.?

You have written a very honest , thoughtful and moving post.

Feel free to post here as much as you like.

Quirky

Thankyou for your reply Quirky.

I have felt like this for a very long time, things with my mum have just pushed things a bit over the edge.

I have not spoken to a doctor. I am having trouble finding one that does more than simply writing up a medical certificate and rushing you out of the room.

My release used to be baking. But now that just stresses me out because the end product is too tempting and I have gained about 10 kilos in less than a year so I really cant keep making baked goods haha