FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Mental health repairs

Smithy999
Community Member
Hi, i am 24 years old, and i have been working on trying to improve my mental health for quite some time now. Everytime i get a bit further, i get kicked in the guts. I just want to enjoy my life and have lots of fun. I believe mental health is a setback, not an excuse.

I believe the causes of my deppression and anxiety are having career goals interupted by a teen pregnancy, followed by an extremely premature baby including a traumatic birth (i think i have undiagnosed ptsd) also a long stay in the neonatal intensive care unit. Not long after, my mum died from cancer. I am struggling to accept this.

I do not like my dads new girlfriend. I have been polite and tried to not let it affect me, however this has not worked.

I have learnt to control my pannick attacks, and then i was informed that she would be moving into my mums house, a couple of days after her 3rd death anniversary.

Now my pannick attacks are back. Ive just been trying so hard and setting my self up tp be on track mentally and it keeps failing. I dont want to loose my jobs from having pannick attacks and having to leave work
1 Reply 1

uncut_gems
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hi Smithy999,

Welcome to the forums. You've come to the right place! I'm so sorry to hear what's going on with you, it sounds like it's all just getting to be overwhelming. Or more accurately that it already was overwhelming before finding out your dad's girlfriend would be moving in so close to such a significant date.

I am about the same age as you (25). We really are at the beginning of our mental health journeys, and there is so much time to figure things out. I think it's important to address the panic attacks, as you say so you can keep your job and of course because they are distressing. You say you've been working on your mental health for a while now– what has that looked like? Do you mind my asking if you have seen a therapist or a GP?

We are always here for you on the forums and happy to talk more.

Warmly,

Gems