FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Help!

AJDalton
Community Member

Hi guys. Ive having a terrible time at the moment. Before work every day I have what feels like a panic attack. I grind my teeth in nervousness and feel like I am going to crack. I worry all the time my anxiety gets bad enough I wanna crawl into a hole and stay there. Alot happening atm and not really coping anyone out there in the same boat?

Feeling unwell

5 Replies 5

baet123
Community Member

Hi AJ,

Love the name. Is your name based on the football player or the English author? It really does suck that you are so anxious at the moment and that it is a daily occurrence, however, this is completely normal and is quite common.

May I ask how long you have felt this way for? and whether the feelings come in spurts or there fairly constant? Have you even seen your GP or expressed these thoughts and feelings to a health professional before? Are your worries or anxiety associated to anything in particular or is it more generalised?

The good news is that there are so many support services available (GP's, psychologists, counselors, social workers) who would all love to hear from you. I encourage you to consult with your GP about the options available to you. Medication may be an option for you but please discuss this with your GP. Early intervention and intervention in general is key. I think seeing relevant health professionals would be so beneficial for you mate.

Do you have any hobbies? Try immersing yourself in them to make your feel more relaxed. Distract your mind mate!

Hope this helped and I hope to find out a bit more about yourself.

All the best,

Nick.

smallwolf
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi, welcome to beyond blue. Sorry that you feel like this each day.

I have some questions for you. I hope you dont mind me asking. And please dont feel the need to answer any/all of them here. And for what it is worth, I also suffer from anxiety (and depression issues). You said that you have alot happening at the moment. Can you elaborate?

Have you looked at the K10 test on the beyond blue web site? It does not take long and will give you a recommendation at the end.

What sort of things are worrying you at the moment? Are they the same each time? Can you recognise the trigger when it occurs?

Is there anyone that you can speak to about this? Family or friends? Are you getting any professional help?

Do you have any distraction or coping mechanisms? For example, grounding or mindfulness exercises. There are threads on these topics elsewhere in the forum. If you use the search function at the top of the page, you should be able to find these quite easily.

Even if you dont answer any of the questions, I want you to know that you are not alone, and there are many others on the forums here who have anxiety in different forms, and know what it is like and will support you as possible in this space.

If you want to chat more about anything in my post, please let me know.

Hoping your day was/is better than your last,

Tim

Hi Guys. So its around all things in my life. Rent, bills, not loving my job anymore, anxious at abuse from everyone on the phone at work which I know cliche right? Youll get it everywhere. I have no libido, I have many panic attacks due to not feeling like I could find any balance in my life. I might also add thay my biological father turned up after 30 years and wants to see me although I now have to work. My Mum is so controlling even when i do not live at home and I am 33 years of age. Im under so much pressure with work and have had so much unplanned sick due to suffering migraines and anxiety. I feel like I am getting nowhere

Further to my response. I have been suffering depression, anxiety, migraines for approximately 12 months now

smallwolf
Community Champion
Community Champion

AJDalton,

Sounds like there is a lot going on in your life at moment. Work pressures, Dad and your mother.

This is not so much as question for you to answer here... but thinking of the mother, in what ways is she controlling and could you have a conversation with her about this?

Is you job a "regular" (if that exists) 9-5 job? To what extent to do you want your biological Dad in your life? Are you able to see him outside of your work? Again, could you both plan out the future together so that you can find some balance on this front that you are looking for more generally?

Work pressures I am very familiar with! I went on sick leave because of that. Unfortunately I dont really have any answer. All I can do is tell you a little of my experience. And what it comes down are distraction and coping techniques. I also carry around rosary beads. Or you could call them worry beads. Being able to have or hold something physical is beneficial for me. I don't want to go into too much detail here, but you want to chat more anything I said, I am not far away.

Wishing you the best,

Tim