FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Feeling of rushing/stress/panic without prompt (?)

tmxpffk
Community Member

I often experience a strange phenomenon in which my body feels as though it is moving extremely quickly when I am not doing anything at an abnormal pace. This is also accompanied by an accelerated heart beat (and sometimes a headache) and occurs randomly, mostly when I am getting ready for school. It feels extremely strange and is somewhat difficult to explain. Lately I have also started to realise I have many symptoms of GAD and am worried that I may have it. Is it possible that this would be resultant of that? Or something else altogether?

Thank you to anyone who may have any idea as to what this may be!

1 Reply 1

Peppermintbach
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi tmxpffk,

Good on you for reaching out here. I feel it’s very brave to open up about your struggles...

The accelerated heart beat and feelings of movement (without actually moving) sound very confusing, nerve racking and stressful. I would think that it must leave you feeling very disoriented and perplexed...

I would suggest seeing a doctor about what you’re going through to help you get to the bottom of things. I’m really sorry, it’s just that I’m not qualified to say whether you have GAD or not...I’m more than happy to support you and listen as an everyday person though 🙂

Also, you may have heard of Headspace. I think they are a fantastic organisation for helping young people with their mental health. Perhaps you might like to look up their website and give them a call as they have a whole range of free services if you’re interested...just a gentle idea.

Plus of course you’re most welcome to continue talking to us here. We would love to continue listening and supporting you.

That being said, there’s no pressure, only write in if you feel like writing here... just know that your thoughts are always welcome.

Kind and caring thoughts,

Pepper