FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Feeling overwhelmed and need to talk.

Beaser
Community Member

I wish this wasnt the case but things are getting overwhelming for me again . The world just seems a lonely place at the moment. I have friends who i seen on the weekend and i do get relief then. Its when i get back to being by myself that i crash. I have an appt with my psychologist today and had GP appt but he cancelled on me . I have had recent life events that have really made me distraught and lonely the main being a relationship breakup.

Im also unhappy at work and i feel like everything is so grey for me.

I have been a life time sufferer of anxiety and depression and being 56 it has tired me out. Im actually quietly proud of how i have managed to keep going and get as far as i have . Im scared about where i will end up from all this as i dont know where to turn . I have tried all my life to be a good person and think i have been .. I have always helped where i could and been a good citizen.

My family seem to have a history of depression and anxiety but i feel i have copped the worst of it . Ive always been oversensitive and let things affect me. I just want all this anxiety and depression to go away.

I have turned to these forums recently and its been a help to me . My anxiety and depression just gets so tough at times.

Where do i turn too in this place i just want to be happy again and want the same for others. Brett

I

114 Replies 114

Beaser
Community Member

Well im up and ready to head off to my new job.   Yep im nervous scared, the whole works.   But i will head off and see how i go      Brett.

ecomama
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

You're going to do great Brett, HAVE A GREAT DAY! 

Beaser
Community Member

Thanks EC.   I found it pretty tough if im honest but i guess that happens.   Hope  i can do better tomorrow i feel a bit stressed,       Brett.

ecomama
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hey Brett, that's okay, I've heard it's pretty normal to feel stressed about beginning a new job. 

Brene Brown calls them "FFTs", that's how stressed out she sees this time of starting. I'll rename them politely lol "Freaking First Times". 

Day 1 down. Yay! 

Time to do some self care, look after yourself. 
Saying "Job well done for the first day Brett! You've got this big fella" lol because that's what I'd say to you... hold... I just did lol.

Watching a comedy of some type helps alleviate anxiety a lot. 

I've just found stupid clips of "Little Britain" on YouTube, they're SO inappropriate that they're hilarious lol. 

What's something you can look forward to doing at the end of the day? 

Love EM

Beaser
Community Member

Hey my friend EM.

Well im up and ready for another day. Yeh i guess first days for  anyone are never too much fun. After your kind recommendation's i listened to a Brene Browne  podcast last night . Show up and let yourself be seen it was called. I even passed it on to a friend. Im going to listen to her regularly thanks for the tip. She is vey interesting to listen to .       

What do you have on today ?   Hope its a Happy one for you .    I hope day two goes ok.  I ll let you know .

Brett.   

Getrich
Community Member

Go Brett!!!

Beaser
Community Member

Hey EC.  I found day two a bit tough if im honest. Im feeling a bit stressed and as though i have got myself into a tough situation..      Brett.

Beaser
Community Member

Well i got my roster for next week  21 hrs in retail.  Its all new to me so ill be pretty nervous  . But i just have to try and do my best.    Brett

Beaser
Community Member

Feeling very flat today.  I miss my girlfriend and am so lonely.   I went out yesterday to my local hotel.  Its the only social outlet i have.  I didnt get drunk or anything but i just wish to be around people.    I see people out there who do the same.  Im scared of becoming a lonely person with no partner.    Brett

Beaser
Community Member

I feel really sad.  I spoke to my ex girlfriend on the weekend and i upset her. I really miss her but she doesnt want me in her life other than as a friend.  Im just so lonely and i have no other people to talk to . I would love to have another chance with her . I dont now the best way to go about this . Every one tells me i need to stop contact but its just so hard . Does anyone have any thoughts for me.     Brett,