FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Awful awful anxiety

Kengy
Community Member

Hi 

I wrote on this site a few days ago about my panic attacks and anxiety. Last night and today have been awful, so much so that I've run away from my home, and my family. I just cannot cope anymore. I want this to just stop. I get breathing issues, burning arms, nausea, and spinning thoughts. I also feel restless. How can I ever go back to work like this? Does it ever end?

1 Reply 1

joeljoel
Community Member

Hi Kengy, 

I don't know about your situation but I can tell you that if you seek the correct help it does get better. The first step is coming to this forums. When I get panic attacks I get very lightheaded, struggle breathing and feel like I'm going to collapse and so times this does happen to me at work. What I can only recommend (as medications aren't in my area of expertise) is that you try to control your breathing as much as you can during panic attacks especially when at work, keep yourself calm and take a break. Trying mindfulness and meditation can also be helpful. Meditation can help to clear the mind of irrational and swarming feelings and allow your brain to focus on something other than your spinning thoughts. 

Hang in there and hopefully more people will comment on this thread and provide you with more advice. Joel