FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Really bad health anxiety :(

Princessstephie
Community Member

Hi I'm new here, and have suffered really bad anxiety since I was about 14 years old I'm now 35 years old!! 

it has gotten so much worse over the last 12 months, to the point I can hardly sleep at night and constantly worry during the day that I have cancer, I've been a smoker since I was 13 and stopped 12 days ago, I'm constantly getting pains in my back between my shoulder blades, stomach, diarrhoea, dizzyness, nausea, random pains throughout my body!! 

i currently think I have lung cancer, ovarian cancer, cervical cancer and colan cancer! 

I'm to scared to go to a doctor, as I don't want to be told I'm dying of cancer, I have 6 children and I'm scared to death of dying and leaving them alone

has anyone else go this? I'm seriously going out of my mind!! 

2 Replies 2

Vonzipper
Community Member

your thoughts cause these feelings, control your thoughts, dismiss those feelings one at a time or bit by bit.I feel for you, your like a fish in a bowl of water, round and around, try being the water stand back and observe your life be the the water and watch, then you will be able to make some straight decisions.

Chris_B
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Hi Princessstephie, welcome to the forums.  This topic has been discussed a number of times on the forums. Below are some threads you may find useful:

Health anxiety and panic disorder

Health anxiety, a long lonely road

Severe health anxiety

Health anxiety - please help

Health anxiety

Health anxiety is taking over

Health anxiety disorder

Health anxiety by KatieNZ