FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

I cant keep going through this!

Chloekat84
Community Member
Ive had anxiety and depression for a long time now but has only recently been bad within the last 6 monthes. U have probably seen me post on here b4. Ive just got to a point where I cant deal with it anymore especially when I have to look after my daughter and sometimes my son. Lately ive been wakin up every morning with bad anxiety and it wakes me up early like 5.30-6am and I can control my legs moving or movement of some kind. Nothing seems to work ive tried distraction and everything. I also get nausea as well. Im usually ok by the afternoon most of the time but sometimes im not. Ive been to doctors and im on new medication but been on it nearly 3 weeks now so I shouldn't be feeling like this. Ive seen doctors and they cant do anything although I haven't lately. When I was around family when I stayed in Ardrossan with my folks for 5 days last week I was fine. Nor morning anxiety although I still couldn't eat in the mornings. I don't know what to do anymore. I cant seem to function on my own anymore. I cant stop crying at times. I just want this to stop. Im on the brink! :'( :'(
8 Replies 8

white knight
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi Chloe,

You seem to be struggling with insecurity as you function much better in the company of family.

Try having a real hot shower in the morning. It tends to revitalise me. Also dont worry about your sleeping pattern and what time you wake up. Everyone is different there, there is no set time etc.

Google progressive muscle tensioning. That will relax you late at night, you can do it when in bed before you sleep.

Keep going, you will improve in time.  Tony

BenD
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Hi Chloe,

I got told it might take a few attempts with different meds to get things right? For example, I'm on some now that are OK, but someone else I know uses something different and they work for him.

Do you keep a diary of daily things as well? It can be really useful for getting stuff out of your head and seeing your progress.

Otherwise, look up Alan Watts on youtube and check out some of his philosophy videos. Listening to him always makes everything feel OK for me.

Small steps, one thing at a time, you can do it.

Ben

white knight
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi BenD,

I think you hit the nail on the head there mate. Great post.

BenD
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Just following your lead Tony.

Keep on inspiring 🙂

Chloekat84
Community Member

Thanx guys for the suggestions. I have been keeping a diary of how i feel and my daily activities for some time now. Things got pretty bad that i have ended up in a respite refuge. I arrived last wed and im here till this wed coming. Ive had a lot of time to reflect and think about things and my life etc. My parents r looking after my daughter while im here but i know they r having a hard time coping which is making we feel bad about being here but i was told sometimes i need to do some things for me in order to be a good mum for my dauhter. When i come out either over the weekend or next week my grandma is going to come and stay for 3 weeks to help me a bit as company helps a lot with the way i have been lately. Im also going to be involved in a lot more playgroups etc for my daughter and to keep myself busy as not to think negative thoughts. Anyways thats it for now. Thank u for the encouragement. Im getting there slowly.

Hi Chloekat84

I'm sorry you're going through such a tough time just now. I'm really sorry I can't offer help just now as I'm not feeling well enough.

Take care,Helen x

Hi I am glad you have taken to keeping a diary, I have kept one since I was 12, long time ago,still keep one.  It is always interesting to look back and see what was going through your mind at a certain time as things change and so does your view of things.  I have read some of my old diaries and think did I really think that, don't think it now.  We are always growing and changing.  I am glad you have a good support team around you, it helps a great deal.  Take care of yourself.

Dotti
Community Member

Hi there 

this is my first post but I'm struggling and I'm unable to calm down. I have anxiety really bad have had for 19 years I have never taken medication as I was scared of tablets but I have now started it because I can't live like this anymore. It's affecting my family my job because I can't function they don't like seeing me like this.im focused all the time on my heart that's my main focus and I can't seem to control it feels like it's missing beats racing i can't breathe I run to the doctors all the time.i didn't drive for 4 years but have started to drive again it consumes my life and it's out of control. I can't eat I have to force my self to eat my weight fluctuates all the time I cant concentrate it usually settles down after 4-5 days I have about 12 attacks a day I'm very irritable and frustrated and angry and I don't know what to do some one please help me this is a terrible thing for anybody to have it consumes your life 

thanks Tania