FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Anhedonia? Burn Out ? - Feeling Flat

seekinganswers1
Community Member
Hi All,
In recent weeks I have developed a lack of feelings towards things I used to find particularly enjoyable- Sport, Music Food etc.
This follows a period of approx. 2 months of sudden Insomnia and poor sleeping, Anxiety/ racing thoughts, Dizziness and boredom with work, the insomnia continues to today.
I have had significant periods of high stress in the past but have always found enjoyment in the above-mentioned activities until now. These periods usually pass and things improve. I have been researching and believe perhaps I may have a case of Anhedonia? I still function day to day i.e. - gym, relationship and work etc. however this recent " flat" feeling has been quite confronting.
I don’t feel particularly angry or sad regarding the situation just flat which is odd as I would much prefer to be angry and than at least I would be expressing some emotion!
I’m interested to see if anyone can shed any light on this perhaps from their own experience? I recently purchased some medication to help bolster Dopamine and Serotonin and I thought maybe I have burnt my self out but I am very open to any other ideas that anyone may have.
I really appreciate any help on this J
Kind Regards,
1 Reply 1

white knight
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi, welcome

It is doubtful you'll get much information specifically to do with those issues here. On a general scale though, you are showing signs for concern base don my experience with depression and anxiety.

Of course a GP visit would put your mind at ease. A proper diagnosis is crucial with anything to do with mental health. In the meantime examine your diet, even the weather can play a part and consider areas like relationships and employment as being factors because our minds work in mysterious ways where our subconscious plays tricks on us.

I hope you find out what is going on. Repost anytime.

TonyWK