FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Am I just wasting everyone’s time?

Scruffy1
Community Member

am I just wasting mine and my therapists time? I’ve been seeing a psychologist for the last couple of months for my anxiety. I’m am struggling to describe what I’m feeling inside when asked. I can describe the feelings I’m getting from the anxiety but other feelings are non existent even when I try to find them I just come up empty all the time.

I can’t remember when I felt other feelings other than the few that I can easily describe.

am I just wasting everyone’s time or do I just need more time to work on it? I really want to keep working on it but if I can’t get past this hurdle I feel there may be little hope of success

20 Replies 20

Hi all sorry I haven’t posted in this thread in a while.

Well I used up my last 2 sessions on my plan and fortunately my financial situation has improved enough that I can now pay for sessions to see her every 4 to 6 weeks. Not ideal but better than waiting another 6 months.

i am making slow progress and while I feel I have improved I am in no way ready to go it alone again.