FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

need help figuring out what is happening in my mind before it gets worse

scandanavfa
Community Member

Hello! This is my first time posting here (or anywhere for that matter) but recently I have felt so overwhelmed and anxious to the point that I fear it is starting to affect my happiness and satisfaction from things as well as my relationships. I have always thought I was an introvert - mainly because I sometimes am too anxious to enter into social situations with people I’m not that close with but recently it is taking a different turn and making me feel a little bit worthless etc. It is making me feel insecure in my relationship with my girlfriend of 3 years and in turn making me spiral into a person I don’t like. I am not sure whether I should see my GP or tell my parents or what to do - but it feels like my mind is taking on more than it can handle in a way and I want to regain control of my self.
2 Replies 2

LilyLavenderArt
Community Member

Hi there! I don't know your home situation, but do you trust your parents with this? You should definitely talk to someone you trust about these feelings, having support is really important, trust me.(you will be shocked by how common they are)

Going to a doctor would be the best thing to do, they can organize a professional to see what you need. If that is nerve racking, their are a lot of toll free call centers and chat forums for you to talk about. ^^

Doolhof
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hi scandanavfa,

Welcome to the community here on the forum. Like LilyLavenderArt suggested, having a chat to your parents and to a Dr would be a good place to start.

If you have a look on the Beyondblue website you will find information about anxiety and depression including a check list. It may be beneficial to have a look at the check list and see if you connect with anything that is mentioned there.

The more I understand about my mental health issues, the more I am able to help myself. Once you have a better understanding of what is happening for you, you can make changes.

Sometimes it can help to write down all the hassles you feel you are dealing with. Once they are written down, you can consider ways to dealing with them. Even writing something down can make it feel less daunting.

Hopefully you will feel comfortable sharing here. This is a place where like minded people try to help and support each other.

All the best from Dools