FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Life is pointless

RealBobby
Community Member
Hello, I feel like my life is completely pointless. I have nothing to look forward to, no one to see and nothing to do. I probably still have a bunch of anxiety disorders but I just want to know what to do with my life other than watch videos and play games
3 Replies 3

startingnew
Community Member

hello Bobby and welcome

im sorry you feel life is pointless. have you considered finding things that make your life meaingful like getting a job you like, or enrolling into studies to work towards a dream job, joining an interest group or a social group?

Have you got some friends or family that you could talk to about what is happeneing? Kidshelpline and Headspace are both really good services for us young people, so i would reccomend them to you as well. they are qualified psychologists and are free to call or connect with webchat and can be found easily through websearch.

Summer Rose
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Hi RealBobby

I'm sorry to hear that you are feeling down and that your life is pointless.

I think StartingNew has provided some really good suggestions. I'd like to add one more: help someone less fortunate than yourself. It may sound odd but I can tell you that helping others will bring purpose and meaning to your life.

A great way to do this is through volunteer work. For example, helping at a soup kitchen, op shop or hospital. Look for a volunteer organisation in your community and check out the opportunities.

You will have a reason to get out of the house, meet new people, learn new skills and, most importantly, you will make a difference in this world.

Kind thoughts to you

smallwolf
Community Champion
Community Champion

RealBobby,

Hi, and welcome to beyond blue.

Summer Rose's idea re volunteer work is good. I have spoken to some people in my local area that do volunteer work and they are always on the lookout for helpers, and you gain new skills.

I noticed in your post you said that you think you still have a number of anxiety disorders, speaking somewhat in past tense. Can you share some more of your story? Do you employ any distraction coping techniques for anxiety? Or are they becoming ineffective now?

I hope that you will come back and share some more of your story with us.

Tim