FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

idk what to do?

AreUSatisfied
Community Member

ok so i have a crush on this girl in my class im not friends with her even though i would like to be. Any one have tips to talk to her? (im also female btw)

4 Replies 4

Sophie_M
Dear AreUSatisfied

Welcome to the Beyond Blue forums we are so glad that you have made you way here and had the bravery to post. We want you to know that this is a safe space to discuss your thoughts, feelings and experiences and receive honest responses and suggestions from fellow forum users.

We are also here 24/7 on 1300 22 4636 or via our Webchat.  Our team who answer the phones are ready to have a supportive and non-judgmental chat whenever you need it.

We’re sure to hear from some of our lovely community members here on your thread soon. They’re a really amazing community, and will have understanding, advice and kind words for you.  Thanks again for sharing. It’s a powerful and brave first step towards feeling better.

Regards 

Sophie M

ecomama
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hey AUS, hope you don't mind me shortening your username? 

Welcome to the forums! I'm so glad you're here, hopefully more members will drop by and give you some support too. 

I think this is always tricky ie liking someone and not really being in their close circle of friends to interact with them more. 

I also think even when we do get an opportunity to speak with the person we have a crush on (even tho these years are well behind me now lol!)... we give off a "vibe" that discloses what we're trying to hide but screams I REALLY LIKE YOU! 

I mentioned this stuff to another new member recently.... try to calm the feelings of "crush" and try to convert the feelings into a "maybe she would be a cool friend" kind of vibe. 

Then just say HI to her. See where that goes. 
Just breaking the ice is a good idea. 

Bestest wishes, 
Love EM

jaz28
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hey there,

Crushes are always so exciting and you tend to make this person into a bigger, scarier person than they actually are. My advice would be to try and talk to them like any normal person, and see what happens. Just start with a simple "hi, how are you?'' and then maybe ask how they are going with the current school work or something 🙂

I hope it works out for you,

Jaz xx

Beeee
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hello AreUSatisfied,

Crushes are definitely very exciting, and like everyone else has said, I would also recommend just approaching them as a friend first. Take the pressure off yourself and your crush, friendships are much easier to form. Maybe find out if you guys have any shared interests, perhaps you're watching the same TV shows or listen to the same music. 

If you feel comfortable doing so, let us know how it goes!

Beeee