FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

How to move forward in life when I am hideously ugly?

Richardb3
Community Member

Just wondering what I should do if I am ugly. I don’t really know what the point of life is, or how I can enjoy life, if I am too ugly to find a girlfriend. Any tips would be appreciated 

6 Replies 6

Petal22
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hi Richardb3,

I assure you that you aren’t ugly at all, your a beautiful human being with a beautiful kind heart .

The true beauty of someone is on the inside of them and it comes from them their soul.

One day you will meet the right girl for you.

ecomama
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Oh dear Richardb3! Who said you're ugly? What a horrible thing to say about yourself, hugs! 

What you could do if you actually feel this way is practice SELF CARE. Have a look over on the self-care thread for others' ways of self-care. 

Pouring stacks of self-care into yourself can actually improve your perception of yourself >>> which in turn can increase your self assuredness (as opposed to "confidence") >>> leading to better job prospects >>> leading to better decisions etc etc. 

If you sincerely feel this way about yourself then I can imagine the "type" of gf you would get and it may not be  pleasant. NB: We want to stay away from bad relationships! Not just have any person. 
An inside fact... it's sooo tedious being with a man who constantly needs propping up by their partner because of any perceived faults. 

Have fun! Go do sports / activities that make you feel great. Fulfil your interests. Surround yourself with people, pets? and things you love. 

KNOW YOUR WORTH. Stand tall. Fill up that void inside with all that's great about YOU. 

Working with a STRENGTHS based viewpoint can also help change your perspective of yourself. 

Keep strong buddy
EM

Matchy69
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Hi Richardb3 I haven't seen you but can assure you are not ugly.When I started high school many years ago a girl came up to me and told me I was ugly and threw all my self esteem down the drain.I don't know if something like that has happened to you?for you to think like this.I found later that girls did like me in school and thought I was nice.Later when I left school I found it was more of a confidence thing with girls more then anything.I adventurally found a beautiful girl to marry and have kids with.I know you will to and it is just a matter of building your confidence.If you are nice girls will like you.

Ggrand
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hello Dear Richardb3,

I know that no one is ugly, we are all so very different and unique in our own way...

You have probably heard this many times...but it’s true..true beauty is inside us..our soul..

Their are so many people who have been disfigured by different forms of abuse, that leave scares both on their body and soul...yet they have gone on to have partners, girlfriends, boyfriends and marriage....because, they love themselves for the person they are both on the outside and on the inside....

If bullies* are telling you, that your ugly, they are jealous of you...Please don’t listen to them....If you, yourself think you are ugly, please look deep inside of yourself, see that beautiful and caring soul, shine out..because that’s what really counts more then anything else....That soul, personality, kindness and care you have...is what people fall in love with...

Please Richard, start liking you...We have a thread on here....”Do you like yourself”..please can you search that thread and maybe have a look at the posts on their...and join in the conversation if you feel up to it...

My kindest thoughts with my care dear Richard...

Grandy..

geoff
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hello Richardb, you know people always judge themselves and if you are struggling with any MI then you will believe this to be so, however, it doesn't matter who you are, there is always someone who admires you for everything you've got, I realise if you haven't been feeling well, then we think negatively.

That's certainly not fair and none of us can expect every person of the opposite gender to fall in love with us, but there will be a person sitting in the background who only wishes you could ask them out and it will happen one way or the other.

If you keep thinking like this please see your doctor, remember everybody has a feature in them and a quality that a secret person loves.

Geoff.

jaz28
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi Richardb3,

You are not ugly, and never let anyone tell you that! You are a beautiful soul inside and out. Everyone on the face of this earth looks different, and it is the society that determines a ridiculous beauty standard.

Just keep being you and one day a girlfriend who loves you for you will come along.

Be kind to yourself,

Jaz xx