FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

How does someone dig themselves out?

_Colleen_
Community Member
  1. Howdy, I’m just wanting to seek advice for someone stuck both mentally and emotionally. How does one dig themselves out of a turmoil tunnel? I thought I had good coping mechanisms but since four months ago my life has changed physically that I don’t think I’ve been able to handle/cope with it. So I’m seeking advice for techniques or coping mechanisms that’s helped someone dig themselves out of their tunnel
1 Reply 1

jumpyjellyfish-
Community Member

Hey Colleen 🙂

First thing about getting yourself out of this place is making sure you're taking care of your basic needs, i.e. am I drinking enough water and eating enough, getting enough sleep, etc. 

I'm not exactly out of that tunnel but I can share some coping mechanisms... something I find incredibly valuable is communication with friends, or if you don't have a wide social circle, finding other ways to expand that - there is a group out there for almost everything you could think of. 

Taking the time to do things you like, whether that be going for a walk, drawing, watching a show you like - those can all be helpful in moments of high stress. And in general too - allowing yourself time to peruse those things you are genuinely passionate about is almost a guaranteed mood improvement. I know it's not that simple, but it all adds up x

Take care of yourself, we are all here too to offer support 🙂