FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Getting over someone

Ellie7
Community Member

I live on a small island in Australia. I met this guy earlier in the year and it was casual fun to begin with. I wasn’t super into him at first but I started to like him not long after. We weren’t sleeping together at first but spent most nights together. We were partying a lot and we didn’t really spend a whole lot of time sober together. But we got along really well and had a mutual attraction. I could tell he was into me. He is a local on the island and wasn’t living here at the time, just visiting. We spoke for a while after he left and then one day he just left me on read. He moved back to the island a few months after and I was nervous to see him but he reached out to me and I could tell he was excited when he saw me. He told me he hadn’t been with anyone else since me and him. After a while of him being back something changed and he started to distance himself. We still occasionally hooked up. I found out he had kissed another girl and when I tried to ask to talk to him he avoided me. When I eventually told him, he didn’t really reassure me of anything and I told him it upset me. Then the season ended here on the island as it’s only a 10month seasonal work. So I left for 2 months and when I came back he told me he didn’t want to get together again. But we’ve had a sleepover here and there after that and hooked up. It’s really hard here because there isn’t a lot of males to meet and a lot of single girls. I know the day is going to come when I see him or hear about him with someone else. It’s making me paranoid and sad. I just wish he liked me back and I don’t know what went wrong or why he changed his mind. I know I shouldn’t get with him again but I like him so much that I’m weak when he wants to. Most often he doesn’t even really talk to me when we see each other out which is a lot because it’s a small island. But occasionally he will. I just don’t know how to get over him and be ok with him liking or being with someone else 

2 Replies 2

randomxx
Community Member

Hi there op and l'm sorry this hasn't worked out.

But you weren't even into him when you met anyway and the thing is, you see this can go both way and unfortunately later on ,  neither was he into you. You grew but he stayed the same. Sometimes getting along isn't enough, sometimes it still doesn't spark the other one.

All you can do is be good to you give it time do what's right for you and get through this really , don't go sleeping with him again sorry to say but your only being used if you do.

lt still isn't really love for you not real love anyway and so you will be able to move on in time emotionally and in the other ways too. Whoever else is there really ahs nothing to do with anything bc the wrong person won't work out regardless , it just won't.

Tbh , l think it's lucky for you it's panning out this way bc there was no real future in it anyway and you both would've wound up unhappy in the end.

Time time .

rx.

Thanks heaps for replying, I appreciate you taking the time to help. You’re exactly right, I guess there wasn’t a big connection anyway. I just need to give it time.