FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Advice on what to do

CameronN
Community Member
I'll make it a brief as possible as I'm not really one who tends to open up but it's killing me inside

When I was 18 though to 20 I lost my best friend and other friends from suicide or an accident, that messed me up for years now, I felt like I was getting better but I pushed alot of people away because of it, now just recently I spent 7 and a half months bed ridden, unable to look after myself and do anything for myself for the longest time which has made me fall into a deeper hole I thought couldn't get deeper, I was alone and in pain constantly, I pushed my friends and family away cause no one showed they actually cared towards me.

Now that I've had surgery and in the process still recovering my loss of strength. I've come to the point that I don't know why I keep trying to recover, having no friends anyone and no one around really eats at me, but I really am trying my best to make myself better but it's so hard when you always feel lonely.

If there is any advice anyone can offer I'm willing to try, I do wanna improve myself but I just keep feeling worst and worst the more I try it alone
1 Reply 1

Sophie_M
Hi Cameron,

Please know that you've come to a safe, non-judgemental space to talk things through and our community is here to offer as much support, advice and conversation as you need.

If you would like some help finding mental health support, we would recommend that you get in contact with the Beyond Blue Support Service. They are available 24/7 by phone on 1300 22 4636 or on Webchat 3pm-12am AEST on our website: www.beyondblue.org.au/getsupport  One of our friendly counsellors will be able to talk through these feelings with you and can offer support, advice and referrals. 

Some other options you might also find beneficial include: MensLine Australia is a free 24/7 telephone and online counselling service for men with emotional health and relationship concerns. You can contact them on 1300 78 99 78 or https://mensline.org.au/ 
or 
You can also find information on support groups is available on the Black Dog Institute site here - https://www.blackdoginstitute.org.au/resources-support/support-groups/ It might be helpful to join a support group to try and build a social network in your area.​​​ 

We hope that you will find some comfort here on the forums. Please feel free to keep reaching out here on your thread whenever you feel up to it.

Warm regards,
Modsupport 
BeyondBlue