FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

What to do next with myself

josh_
Community Member

Currently just a bit stuck, everything has kind of just lost its meaning to me all of a sudden and have no motivation for anything whatsoever. As soon as i try to start something I switch off almost instantly. 

1 Reply 1

Ggrand
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hello Dear Josh,

Welcome to the forums,

I have asked myself that question so many times…What do I do with myself?…its a hard question to answer at most times, but when depression has a hold of us…the question becomes even harder to answer…..I tell myself that all I can do..is the best I’m capable of doing at the time… and that, that is enough….

I start many things unfortunately after even a few minutes I am feeling meh! towards it, then I just walk away…I think it’s so hard to complete something we lost interest in….so it will sit for days or weeks until I pack it away again… because I feel guilty every time I walk past the unfinished project, hobby or whatever I started doing….

josh, have you reached out to your Dr about how you’re feeling, maybe they could help you?  a diagnosis if your depressed, have anxiety or other mental health illnesses…..meds if you need them, psychologist or counsellor if your needing to talk to someone about something that is bothering you, mentally…..

We have a thread here….”Small achievements you’ve managed to do today”…maybe Josh you might like to read or/and contribute to the thread…its very inspirational and encouraging to read other members achievements, which really does help….no matter how small they are, they are achievements and we should be proud of them…

My kindest thoughts dear Josh with my care….,

Grandy..