FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Advice

zues
Community Member

Hi I’m currently struggling and wanted to know what I can do. walking and keeping busy helps. But when I stop it just gets bad. 

thanks 

2 Replies 2

Sophie_M
Hey zues,  

Thank you for your bravery and openness in sharing here and a big welcome to our community. We can understand how difficult it is to be struggling and we really appreciate you being open and sharing what's going on for you right now.  

We're glad to hear you've got some strategies that you've been using to manage, such as keeping busy, but we wanted to offer some extra support. Is there anyone that you feel able to discuss this in person with? In the meantime, we’d encourage you to give the Beyond Blue counsellors a call on 1300 22 4636 or speak to them on webchat here

If you’re feeling suicidal or are having thoughts about harming yourself, it's important that you take immediate steps to keep safe. That might mean connecting with existing supports, following a safety plan, or you could connect with Lifeline on 13 11 14. If you feel unable to keep yourself from acting on your thoughts about suicide or self-harm this is an emergency, and you need to call 000 (triple zero).  

We hope that you find our forums to be a safe and supportive space to talk through your thoughts and feelings. Feel free to reply to your post and update us on how you are feeling. Our community is here for you, and we’re sure they’ll spot your post soon enough and have some kind words and understanding for you.  

Kind regards,  

Sophie M 

zues
Community Member

Thanks Sophie