FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Way too much

Sahara_lonely_planet
Community Member

Hello everyone

I’m a toddler twin mum in stage 4 locked down. I feel more isolated than ever now. I don’t have many friends at all and the few I have, are in no mood of keeping contact these days. I Have a sister in Melbourne who had completely cut me out of her life for no reason. Well,She claims that I don’t fit into her life. She excluded me and totally abandoned me for the same reason. She is extremely competitive and I had achieved things a bit quicker than her and each time she cried for days because of that. She is older than me and to everyone’s surprise she is a psychologist. I just can’t get over the feeling of being abandoned. I’m not sure why it is taking me such a long time to accept that and move on. Specially these days when I get so so tired of the feeling isolated and lonely, i wish I had her beside me. Maybe I should also mention that I have no other relatives in the country.

Thank you for reading

😕

3 Replies 3

Sophie_M
Hey Sahara_lonely_planet,

Welcome to our friendly forums, we are so glad that you decided to join us here and are very grateful that you've shared your journey with us. We're really sorry to hear that you've been feeling isolated, and understand that it can be really tough to cope during this pandemic, especially if you don't have a lot of support from family or friends. Please know that you've come to a safe, non-judgemental space, and our community is here to offer as much support, advice and conversation as you need.

If you feel up to it, we'd also recommend reaching out to our Coronavirus Mental Wellbeing Support Service. This website is regularly updated with information, advice and strategies to help you manage your wellbeing and mental health during this time. You can also call our dedicated support line, staffed by mental health professionals, which is available 24/7 on 1800 512 348.

Many of our members will understand and may be able to help. If you would like to post further, please feel free to tell us more about what's on your mind and how we can best help support you.

smallwolf
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi and welcome to beyond blue

So sad to hear that your sister and you do not get along. I am the eldest in my family -- well I only have 1 brother that is 2 years younger than me. And if she is your only relative here that must be quite heart-breaking. The current situation would make things worse for you.

I hope your sister would at least acknowledge your existence if you were in the same room or your called her?

How long as it been since you last communicated with your sister?

Do you think there is any chance of being able to renew the relationship?

Are there any mothers groups that are running and perhaps doings things in an online world at the moment?

While I cannot relate to your experience personally, I can listen to you tell your story while you are on this journey and respond as I can.

Tim

Thank you Tim. We haven’t had any contact for 2 years now. And before that for 6 years she didn’t want to have anything to do me but we reconnected after I literally begged her to reconcile. She is very abusive towards me, she is very patronising and looks down on me. But I love to have a family. I guess I don’t respect myself enough.
there is no mums group that are still running during this time.
very kind of you to write to me. I really appreciate it.